Im late! Im late! For a very important date!

"Okay. No need to panic. It's fine! It's gonna be fine!" You paced relentlessly in yours' and your boyfriend's shared bedroom, trying to calm yourself down.

"I'm only meeting his parents. It's only one dinner. It's fine!" You sighed and gave up, falling face down onto your bed.

"No. No, it's not." You, after a few minutes of moping, got up and looked through your closet for something nice to wear tonight. Even though your closet was full, you had nothing nice enough for the occasion. You had never met Bo's parents before, and they had been pestering him to introduce you to them ever since you moved in together. That was four months ago, so you couldn't really avoid it anymore.

As you had practically given up on making a good first impression, your boyfriend walked through the front door to see you sitting on the couch. Well, upside down, but still on the couch. Your hair (or your scalp) just barely grazed the floor.

"Uhm, hey, babe?" Bo chuckled, walking in and laying his keys down on the coffee table.

"You alright?" He bent his head so he was at the same angle as you. You sighed, turning quickly to sit normally on the couch. This process made you feel dizzy.

"I'm just really anxious about tonight." You looked up at him. You cocked an eyebrow at his smile at your comment.

"You don't have to be anxious. They're gonna love you!" He sat down and wrapped his arm around your shoulders.

"But what if they don't? What if I say something wrong or inappropriate?" You fretted. He laughed.

"They're used to it. They raised me."

"True." You laughed, resting your head on his shoulder. His head simultaneously came down on top of yours. You sat in pleasant silence, and then you popped up, startling your poor boyfriend.

"I have to go buy something to wear. We only have three hours. Two and a half if you take into account the drive there, and only two if you add the time of us getting ready. Only an hour if we go buy something! We have to go." You grabbed his arm, trying to pull him off the couch, but his taller figure gave him advantage. With the slightest movement he pulled you back down to him.

"The clothes you own will be fine. Just calm down." He started running his fingers through your hair (or messaging your scalp), which immediately relaxed you. You found yourself melting into him, and your eyes getting heavier.

~time-skip~

You woke up on top of Bo, lying on the couch. He was always so pretty when he was asleep. You smiled sleepily looking down at him, and reached slowly for your phone on the table, careful not to wake Bo. The second you saw the time, you fell off of Bo in your futile effort to get up quickly.

"Jesus!" You yelled, falling to the floor. Bo jumped up quickly after, looking down to you on the floor, sleepy and confused.

"What?! Where's the murderer?!" He asked, helping you up, still not awake.

"It's 4:40! Bo, we have 20 minutes before we have to be at your parents'!" You panicked and ran up the stairs two at a time.

You grabbed a (favourite colour) shirt and black dress pants. You pulled a pair of black sneakers out of your closet, deciding quickly against heels, and changed at a record breaking pace. Bo walked into the room, and watched you fix yourself in the mirror on the connecting bathroom door, before dressing himself.

You were dressed, but you didn't like your outfit. At this point, it's this or be late, and you were NOT going to be late to your first dinner with Bo's parents.

Bo stood in the front doorway, in a blazer and pants the same colour as yours, leaning against the doorframe and watching you fix your makeup in the tiny mirror in the porch.

"Okay, you look amazing, now let's go." He said, gesturing behind him to the car waiting outside.

"I look fucking awful, you're on something. This is just- ugh." You tried to tidy up your thrown together look. You heard him sigh, and then felt two hands turn you around and pick you up by the waist. Bo had picked you up and placed you over his shoulder.

"Let me down." You laughed, lightly tapping his back.

"Nope, not unless it's in the car." He retorted. You laughed again, admittedly defeated.

"Your ass looks great in those pants." You remarked, impressed.

"You're not too bad yourself." Bo commented, and slapped your ass. You laughed again, shocked. He dropped you into the front passenger seat, leaned down and kissed your cheek, and walked around to the driver's side.

"That was unnecessary." You pouted, looking out your window. Bo brought his hand to your chin, forcing your eyes to meet his.

"You look exemplory, my dear." He said, and kissed your lips. You melted a little bit. Your eyes fluttered open as he returned his eyes to the road and started driving.

"You're good, Burnham." You admitted, crossing your legs and smiling, feeling the stress you were previously feeling disappear as you heard his laugh.