possible questions during assessment interview

1. You want to set-up a dual boot operating system between windows 7 and windows server 2008. How would you do this?

Answer: Partition hard drive then install window 7 and lastly, install windows server 2008 in the second partition.

2. What do call the computer software which you configure before installing the OS?

Answer: BIOS

3. What is the problem and what should be done if the display does not match what you expect to view on the monitor?

Answer: Video driver is not installed. Install the video driver as solution.

4. What should you do after installing the peripheral devices such as sound card?

Answer: Install the sound card device driver

5. What should you wear to protect computer parts from ESD?

Answer: Anti-static wrist strap

6. What should you do if suddenly there is a lightning storm that occurs while you are assembling a computer?

Answer: Shutdown the computer and unplug it from the outlet.

7. What kind of cable are going to use if you want to network two computer units only?

Answer: Crossover cable

8. What type of network would you suggest to your client who wants to network more than 100 computers?

Answer: Client-server Network

9. What type of network would you recommend if your client has only few computer units?

Answer: Peer to peer network

10. What are the possible causes if the network is using static IP addresses?

Answer: Wrong IP address, maybe some computers don't belong to the workgroup

11. What is the common type of cabling standards used for straigh- through cable?

Answer: T-568B wiring standard

12. You set-up a network where each computer acts ad client and server and in which each user shares other's resources, including printers. What do you call this set-up?

Answer: Peer to peer set-up

13. What special group contains all authenticated users and domain guest?

Answer: Everyone

14. Aside from installing the anti-virus software, how can you protect your server from viruses?

Answer: Install or use firewall

15. What are you going to do to access a server located far from the client computer which you are troubleshooting?

Answer: Use Remote Desktop Connection

16. What are you going to configure or do after BIOS?

Answer: SNAPPY

17. What is the common type of cabling standards used for crossover cable?

Answer: T-568A wiring standard