━ PROLOGUE

BY NO ACCOUNT DID HARRY ENJOY THE work he was currently doing. It was just a matter of it was a job that had to be done, and he didn't trust anybody else to do it.

He could tell his sister shared the same thoughts as she nervously fiddled with the wedding ring on her finger, making him glance down at his own. Seventeen years. That was a long time.

His sister was beating him by one year. Which, was a fact he only knew because she had announced she was pregnant on her wedding day and her eldest was currently in his last year at school.

Harry's were only in their fourth, third and first years. His youngest was a girl called Lily Luna, after his mother and a dear friend of his. It was also a small reference to his old Professor who had been lycanthropic. Then there was Arthur Cedric, the third year, who was a Slytherin. That certainly left them with a bumpy relationship. And then finally, his oldest was James Albus, who was so much like his namesake Sirius often mistaked them.

"In here," Jasmine muttered, breaking Harry from his thoughts by gesturing at a pair of double doors.

"Are you ready?" He asked, watching her in concern.

Jasmine raked her fingers through her hair, "Are you sure this has to be done today? I mean, the kids are here..."

Harry internally grimaced as she trailed off. Kids at work day had been his wife's idea, and she wasn't going to be very happy that he had ditched it. Unfortunately, this truly was the only day the task could be done.

"It's the anniversary," He reminded her. "The time turner is going to be all rearing to go. We got close in destroying it last year, and you know this is when it's at it's weakest-"

"Yeah yeah, okay, I didn't need the speech," Jasmine chewed her lip. "I just don't want to,"

"Would you prefer we get somebody who has no idea what they're doing?"

"Oh shut up,"

***

"Holy shit!"

"Language,"

Regana Black rolled her eye's as she rubbed her sore backside. Of course she had tripped over the step. Who else would've been stupid enough to miss it?

Her brother held out his hand for her and she took it, allowing him to haul her up. She avoided passer by's eye's as she continued to nurse her bruise. And in the middle of a crowded corridor too.

"Are you okay?"

Regana nodded, "Yeah, I'm fine. The floor just- looked like it needed a hug, that's all,"

Victorie laughed as Teddy picked up the vase Regana had knocked over, "Well, it didn't break this time. So that's something I guess,"

Leo huffed, "Of course it didn't break. This is the Ministry, everything's protected by magic,"

"Even this horried thing?" Victorie asked, cringing at the orange and green paint.

"Clearly yes,"

"She was just asking," Teddy muttered, raising their hands.