e i g h t

[ear ache]

"who's senkhara? is she nice? it's a lovely name." i asked politely.

"she's an egyptian ghost bitch who had punished us all and gave you that mark on your side." eddie pointed to my hip, "that woman? in your dream? yeah, her. and thats why- you couldn't answer me earlier." eddie looked towards patricia, "actions speak louder than words."

"can someone please explain what's actually going on? what do mean senkhara gave me the mark if she came to me in the dream? i'm pretty sure the forgotten ruler of egypt isn't still here."

"forgotten ruler of egypt? of course you little know it all, egyptian mythology." eddie grinned, "you know her history."

"yeah, but would someone please explain why she is here?"

"meet us downstairs at 11:30 tonight okay, we'll explain everything."

-

i hadn't slept a bit, i watched my clock slowly as the minutes passed by. at 23:30 on the dot a light mocking could be heard on my door. i open it to find amber and patricia on the other side.

"you ready?" amber whispered exited.

"as i'll ever be."

we all quietly stepped down each stair before reaching the bottom where alfie was running a toy car across the railing and fabian looking around wondering where he was.

"ready?" eddie asked,

"let's face it none of us are getting any younger." amber lifts up her grey hairs.

fabian chuckled, "except alby."

"who?"

"i think he means alfie, let's get this over and done with please."

they took me into the kitchen and eddie pushed a necklace to a tile above the over, opening the bottom door. they all began to crawl through when eddie said to me. "don't question it, i'll explain everything later."

we had reached a bookcase in the cellar and amber flicked parts of a pattern at the top revealing numbers, they had put in a code, opening a door into what seemed to be a study.

"we have six of seven amulets, the one nina left we kept here." amber explained, wrapping and ancient necklace around my neck.

patricia pulled on a book in the bookcase and reavealed another door which we all passed through. a beam of light was beginning to rise but stopped at the necklace.

we passed through a series of tunnels before reaching on with horns in the center, "just look around for anything, i promise i'll explain later." eddie said sympathetically, "i'm sorry i didn't tell you sooner."

"no problem."

"you wouldn't be saying that if i didn't hex you." he mumbled before i began to look around the room.

the sudden fall of small stones echoed down the tunnel from further back, eddie ran to the opening to check who was down there.

"who was that?" he asked aloud.

alfie began to giggle but patricia covered his mouth. "must of been a rat." fabian suggested, before we started to look around again.

"we hope it's a rat." amber shook her head, "add that to the list of things i'm never going to say a free this missions over."

"let's just focus."

"what are these? can i have a go?" alfie yelled excitedly, approaching the horns in the centre of the room and blowing into one. he stopped and jumped around with excitement before a loud noise was returned.

i pressed my hands to my ears but the ringing in my ears continued. "alfie!" eddie yelled in rage as we all cried in pain while the sound continued.

the ceiling began to crack above us and we began to run back out of the tunnels. the noise continued almost until we were out.

-

the next morning we all met in amber and patricia's room. eddie stood in the middle. "everyone's hearing back to normal this morning."

"speak up eddie, quit mumbling."

"well that answers that question."

"hey fabian do you want to play before breakfast?" alfie asked holding up arm dolls and pressing buttons to make them speak.

"alfie you aren't nine years old, everyone can we please focus!"

"focus on what?" fabian asked, his memory becoming worse.

"the next task."

"i'm sorry the memory is getting worse."

"i'm pretty sure everyone is getting worse." eddie groaned, putting his head in his hands.

"i think everyone is great." i beamed, "amber is still looking gorgeous at the age of what? forty? fabian still remembers quite a few things, alfie is embracing his inner child and well patricia... yeah i think this is quite bad."

"it's got to be about the melody." as if on cue the doll house at the back of the room lit up. "sarah!"

eddie swung the doors open and a piece of paper on a music stand began to glow. "wait." amber reached out with her tweezers and picked up the tiny paper.

"the song of hathor." eddie read aloud.

"hathor! y/n said she liked hathor, one of her favourite goddesses." fabian yelled with excitement as he remembered something so little.

"yeah, i've head of the song but i don't know it's tune." i shrug, "trust me, it's no where on the internet and impossible to find it in a book."

"well let's get to trying to figuring this out." eddie grinned, determined to complete the music task.

"we better get to class, we're already late." i looked down at my watch, "shit, it's 8:47. classes started twenty minutes ago."

the six of us ran for the door, hoping victor would be in his office. we rushed down the stair case and victor was no where to be seen. "all clear." alfie yelled as if he was a game.

we were at the school in under a minute, bursting through the front doors we ran into miss valantine's class. "sorry we are late." i said breathily.

"i won't set detention if you've done you're homework on cleopatra." she winces with a smile. "and that includes the rest of you."