The Mall Meetup

Ness walked into the lunchroom with his bat in his hands. He came into the lunchroom to meet up with some friends. School had been over for a bit but Ness and his little groups decided to talk in the lunchroom which is empty after school. Ness sound found his group. He stopped and looked at his bat. He needed to think of an excuse for having it, but then he just shook his head. He sighed and continued walking toward his group. He sat down and put his bag behind his seat. Ninten, who sat next to him, turned to look at him. "Ness?" Ninten questioned.

"Yea?" Ness asked.

"I thought you said you were going to give that up."

"I decided not to."

"Why?" Popo asked from in front of him. Ness shook his head and looked at his bat.

"I just...I just decided not to, ok?"

"Well, anyway, I heard there's going to be new students," Ninten said. Popo looked at him surprised, and so did Ness' other friends, Toon Link and Jeff.

"A new student, really?" Jeff asked. Ninten nodded and looked at Ness. Ness was significantly less surprised.

"Did you know?"

"Uh, kinda, I met them."

"You did?"

"Them, so there's more than one?" Toon Link asked.

"Yea," Ness said, taking the bat off the table and putting it on his lap.

"Who are they?" Jeff asked.

"One is named Claus."

"Sounds German," Popo laughed. That's when Ness gripped his bat harder.

"The other is named Lucas," Ness seemed to hesitate when he said that. Ninten noticed this hesitation.

"Did something happen between you two?" Ninten asked.

"No, it's just..." Ness looked at his bat on his lap. He shook his head. "It's nothing, don't worry about it." Ninten tilted his head and looked at the others.

"Ok, um, why don't we go to the arcade to play those new games they've got." Ness smiled. He looked up.

"Hell yeah," Ness said as he shot up. He dropped his bat and Popo picked it up. He rested it on his shoulder and stood up.

"Well, we'd better get to the mall." The others nodded. They all stood up and made their way to the exit of the school. Popo had handed the baseball bat back to Ness who seemed a little disappointed to take it back. The mall isn't too far from the school so it didn't take them long to get there. The mall was large and has just about anything anyone would want. The arcade was on the second floor so the boys had to take an escalator. They walked to Mr. Game's Arcade. Ness started to get excited. There was a small line to enter, however, so they needed to wait in that line. This line is expected though so none of them were made. Ness looked around the mall and saw some familiar faces. Lucas and Claus, or at least the backs of their heads. Ness turned away and tried to focus on the arcade, but something kept distracting him. He sighed.

"What's wrong, the line's not that long," Jeff said from in front of them.

"Don't worry about it."

"The more you say don't worry, we worry," Toon Link chimed in.

"Trust me TL, it's nothing. I just..." Ness turned around and saw the two heads slowly getting out of sight. "I'll be back." Ness then ran away, dropping his bat and backpack. Ninten sighed and walked back to pick it up.

"Something's up with him," he said as he stared at Ness running away.

Lucas and Claus were walking together. Claus looked at Lucas. "You know where the clothes store is?" Claus asked. Lucas shook his head, not knowing why he'd know more than him. They looked around for a while but still saw nothing regarding clothes. Claus crossed his arms in annoyance and stopped near a small ice cream stand. "You have your phone right?"