Nicknames

Lucas opened his eyes only to see darkness. He looked up at the roof of the cabin and thought for a moment. He sat up and turned to look at Ness. He smiled at how peaceful he looked. He sighed and stood up. He walked to the door and exited the cabin. He walked toward the lake. He took off his shoes and sat down, putting his feet in the water. He smiled at how the water reflected the stars. He put his hands back and leaned on them.

He soon heard the door to the cabin open. Lucas looked back and saw Ness. Ness rubbed his eyes as he walked over. "Lucas, what're doing out so late?" Ness asked. Lucas sighed and looked back out at the water.

"S-sorry didn't m-mean to wake y-you," Lucas said. Ness shook his head and sat down next to him.

"That's not what I asked."

"I-I just needed t-to think." Ness looked out at the lake and smiled

"The lake is pretty, ain't it?"

"Y-yea."

"I've got us something." Ness shot up and ran to the cabin. Lucas looked back and waited. He soon saw Ness run out with two pairs of shorts. Lucas tilted his head. Ness tossed one to Lucas. "We can hop in there." Ness instantly started to strip down to put the swim trunks on. Lucas couldn't help but stare as he did it. Ness smiled at him. "Come on." Ness jumped into the lake, splashing a little water on Lucas. Ness popped up. He saw a worried look on Lucas's face. "What's wrong?"

"I-I don't k-know how to s-swim." Ness looked down.

"Well, I can teach you, come on." Lucas smirked and stripped down. Ness went underwater to make it seem like he didn't watch Lucas. Lucas put on the trunks and faced the lake. He gulped. Ness stood up and grabbed Lucas's hand. He started to slowly walk back. "Keep your eyes on me." Lucas nodded and stared into Ness's eyes. They soon got chest-deep in the water. They soon got off the sea-ground. Lucas started to shake slightly from fear. "Don't worry, you float." Ness slowly let go of Lucas's hands, only for Lucas to grip harder.

"D-don't l-let go, n-not yet." Ness nodded and they floated for a few more seconds. Lucas's shaking calmed slightly and his tight grip on Ness's hands loosened. Ness fully let go of Lucas's hands and he floated calmy for a few seconds. Ness floated back a bit, which freaked Lucas out. Lucas went underwater in the panic, but Ness grabbed him. When he picked Lucas back out the water he coughed on Ness's chest.

"It's ok, let it out." They pulled away slightly and floated for a few more seconds. "Wanna try again?" Lucas looked around the surface of the lake and nodded. Ness smirked and let go of Lucas, and started to float away. Lucas took a few deep breaths which calmed him down. "Good, now look." Ness started to swim slowly to show each step to Lucas. Lucas tilted his head in confusion. Ness swam to him and grabbed his hand. He slightly cupped Lucas's fingers and dived them into the water. "Keep doing that, in turn with the other hand. And when you flap your feet, don't bend your knees." Lucas nodded and Ness floated back.

"Y-you've got m-me j-just in case I-I fall?" Lucas asked. Ness nodded and Lucas looked down at the water. He let out a calm breath. He moved his right arm into the water and used his feet to propel forward. He kept alternating his hands and kicking his feet. He swam toward Ness and stopped right in front of him. He chuckled and looked at his hands. "I-I did it." Ness patted Lucas's back.

"See, told ya." Lucas saw Ness's smile and looked down. He shot into Ness for a hug, this, however, caused both of them to dip inside the water. They flipped and popped back up. They both coughed and Lucas scratched the back of his neck.

"S-sorry." Ness chuckled.

"Pft, that was nothing." Lucas smiled, but his smile was quickly cut off by a yawn. "Aww, you're all tuckered out like a little baby." Lucas grew a small blush but was able to hide it because they swam back to the shore. They took off their trunks and put their normal clothes on. Lucas closed the cabin's door.