2 | GOOD LUCK NERDS

Soon Merel, Zoe and Amanda started heading for the police station while mike was taking ben and jason to the hospital as they were injured quite badly.

merel pov
how am i going to get out of here?
i got them all out safely and they're heading for the hospital right now. nothing else could go wrong right?

"hey merel , you ok? you seem to be heavily thinking about something." amanda asked walking over to her.

"Yeah. i-i-i just. i don't know. i guess i just don't know how to get back to my friends. you guys are in a movie , which i have seen like a 100 times so i know that the escape room is ov-."

third person pov
that's when merel figured it out. everything wasn't just over like this but she had to prevent zoe from booking the flight to Manhattan. She thought to just play it off and live through the six months in between the movie.

'How are my friends thinking about this?'
'do i really have to live six months in this universe?'
'are there actually going to be six months in their world in between these two scenes aswell?"

casper pov
i'm not going to lie , i'm getting kind of scared right now. if merel got stuck into her favorite horror movie. do we have to do the same thing? as much as i trust her all four of us are sitting at the other side of the screen scared for her.
"she'll make it right?" i asked , anxiety laced in my voice.

"i certainly hope so." anthony and niels agreed. "i mean , she's not in any danger. she'll find a way out. she can't be stuck in escape room forever right?"
catherine said.

third person pov
Just as catherine finished her sentence the words 'six months later' showed up on the tv screen. it showed a nice , modern café somewhere in new york with a table for six. amanda, zoe and merel were seated while mike ben and jason went to get some drinks.

"what's that , homework?" ben asked zoe pointing to the binder sitting in front of her. zoe looked around and soon decided the coast was clear. she opened the binder and it showed an article on Danny's death.

"they're portraying it as an accident. if merel wouldn't have been there. there would  have been articles on us to.
i can't go on like this. knowing that whoever did this to us is still out there.
i dug a little deeper and found out the minos sign, contains coordinates. to an appartement in manhattan." she looked up to see everyone's reaction.

merel soon realized why she was here.
she had to stop zoe and the others from going to manhattan. make sure tons of lives are saved.

"i booked us plane tickets. six i think merel is also going to be there." zoe finished. the whole group looked puzzled to say the least. after the whole incident they just got their life together and now this? this is the last thing they asked for or needed.

though they all understood the questions that must be going through zoe's mind.
she just couldn't understand it. how and why someone would torture countless people just for their own pleasure. or was there more behind it? there probably was they all thought.

after seeing the whole group in thought merel finally decided to speak up.
" i think i know why i was sent here."
she caused everyone to divert their attention to the unknown girl they have grown to love over the past six months.

"why is that?" mike asked

" well. all my friends are in love with horror movies. and in each one. multiple people die or get closed to dying. i think the reason whatever caused this sent us here is to save as much characters as we can and if possible avoid them from making it happen again. zoe , i've seen this part of the movie a million times. this is where normally you and ben go to Manhattan and on the airplane get caught in another escape room. this is where i am supposed to stop you from going there and having this happen all over again. so please , don't go?"

"well this is a lot to take in. i think it's better if we don't go. after how you saved us in the escape room i'm about 100% sure that you're probably right." jason said causing the other fur to nod along.

zoe stood up and moved to the canal that was beside them. with the six tickets in hand she ripped them open and let them blow along in the wind and cause them to land in the water somewhat gracefully.

"i guess this is the end then. i can't stress this enough merel. thank you for saving me the day in the escape room. if it wasn't for you , most of us wouldn't even be sitting here right now. however it is you got here. thank you!" amanda said as her eyes lightly started to tear up.

" although i still don't understand how i got here 100% i am grateful to have met my favorite movie characters as actual people." she said pulling her 5 new friends into a hug.

" merel are you okay?" jason asked as he was closest to her and felt her disappearing and coming back to them. that question caused the whole group to stop hugging and take a look at her to see what's happening.

"that's my que. i'm glitching back to my world. i love you guys , thank you so much for letting me help." merel said standing up ready to go back.

" thank you so much for helping!" ben said as a chorus of 'we love you to!' and 'we'll miss you' 's followed.

and as quick as that merel was back on the couch watching the credits of escape room. she turned around to see some of her friends in tears but most just happy to see her.

"you're back!" catherine shouted and caused this group to fall into a group hug. "how was it?are you ok? were you scared?are you hurt?" they all asked to be cut off by merel  telling them to be quit as something appeared on the tv.

a dark hooded silhouette showed up and soon started to speak:
"that was exciting wasn't it? i wonder how you guys will like what else i have in store for you. let's say the rides not over yet. it will only get scarier from here. as soon as you have finished the escape room level there is no going back. so go and pick a next movie. here's the catch! if you can't save as many people as possible , you might just be stuck in it forever. and as cool as that may sound , it might be a lot scarier , weirder and crazier.oh and b t w you are also actually able to die in your movie. so , good luck nerds. may the nightmare games begin.

and the teenagers stood up and walked over to the bowl with movies in the kitchen. " i guess we have to do this huh?" niels said scratching the back of his neck.

niels grabbed into the bowl and pulled out the next name of the movie.
"the next movie is..." he said before opening it. they where all scared to death. thinking they could either be next or watch one of their best and closest friends die.

niels unfolded the paper and continued his sentence by saying
" it."

" oh sh*t" catherine said moving the dvd cover and bringing it to the dvd player.

to be continued