Spanish Class

You flicked a piece of lint off your sweatshirt and lazily looked up at the board for the twenty seventh time that day.

Your school forced every student to take two years of a language, either French or Spanish. You chose Spanish because your parents said it would be "more beneficial to your education blah blah blah". Whatever.

This class was the worst. You had no friends in your same period, besides Google translate, and you always had no idea what was going on. Your teacher insisted on strictly speaking Spanish to his students.

Currently people were presenting their slideshows they had made over the weekend. Your date to do this was tomorrow, so for now there was nothing to worry about. Just listen. And watch another stupid kid go over the same information that the last one did.

The only saving grace was that your crush was in this class. Unfortunately, you sat on opposite sides of the room. But that gave you a nice view of the back of his head, which was better than nothing.

He considered you an acquaintance at this point, maybe even a friend if you were lucky

He considered you an acquaintance at this point, maybe even a friend if you were lucky. You had had full on conversations before so it wasn't like he didn't know you existed. It was close to it though. At most, you would talk to him once a week, just to say hi.

Claps echoed through the room as another presentation ended. Your teacher cleared his throat, then spoke. "C/n, estás después de Roberto. ¿Tù listas?"

Your crush nodded. "Sí, estoy lista."

I think he said something about going next? And being after Roberto.

You once again zoned out during Roberto's presentation until another round of applause began. You joined in, like you had been paying attention the whole time.

C/n stood up and walked to the front of the classroom, closer to your desk.
He nervously plugged his school issued laptop into the projector, hands shaking slightly. Although he outwardly presented as an extrovert, standing up in front of the whole class still scared him a bit. Especially when speaking in another language.

As he turned to face the class and start speaking, he made eye contact you. Your heart skipped a beat as you smiled reassuringly at him.

"You got this," you mouthed in his direction, and gave him a thumbs up signal.

He smiled back slightly, took a deep breath and began.

"Como creo que ya sabes, hoy estoy hablando de el autoestima..."

You paid close attention to every part of his presentation, whether you understood it or not. He did a great job.
_______________________________________

The rest of the class went by extremely slowly, as it did before C/n had taken his turn. As you were packing up your stuff, a hand tapped you on the shoulder from behind.

You looked back to see C/n, looking right at you.

"Oh! Hey!"

He smiled sheepishly. "Hey, sorry if I scared you. I just wanted to say thanks, for what you did. It really helped me with my.... mi autoestima."

You blinked. "Your auto-what now?"

"My self esteem Y/n! That's what all the presentations were about?" His eyes stared right into yours. They're were a really, really pretty color.

"Y/n? You good?"

"Oh, uh huh, right, yeah, I totally understood every word of those." You grinned, snapping out of the trance his gaze put you under.

"Mhmm, I'm sure you did," he laughed. "Anyways, thanks again. See you tomorrow?"

You nodded eagerly. "Tomorrow." He nodded and headed away from you towards the door. You watched him leave.

You sighed contently.

Tomorrow.