You good?

You're walking down the hall toward the normal spot where you each lunch. Alone, of course. The past week has been rough and your friends have been sort of mean lately.

Something tugs on your backpack and stops you in your tracks. You turn to see C/n! He looks concerned, but he still smiling a bit. This immediately brightens up your day.

"You good bro?" He questions, titling his head to one side like a puppy begging for food.

Bro? I'm a bro now? Yikes. That's the biggest friendzone I've ever heard.

"Wha-what do you mean?" You act like everything's going fine, like you always do. You wouldn't want to burden anyone else with your silly problems. They have their own to worry about.

"I asked if you're okay. You seem kinda sad, or mad or something. This whole week you've been acting weird."

"Oh, um. Mmm yeah I'm fine." You don't make eye contact so it's easier to lie to him.

"You sure? You can tell me anything you know..."

You shrug. "I know. I'm good. It's whatever."

You try to keep walking but another pull on your backpack stops you from moving forward.

"Hey! I'm walking here!"

C/n puts his hands up defensively. "I'm just trying to help, Y/n."

"I know you are. And I'm alright."

He narrows his eyes. "Well, I don't think so. But if you don't want to tell me that's okay. I guess."

You nod curtly. He backs away from you, putting a finger up to his eye and making a fake tear roll down his cheek.

You playfully glare at him and continue on to lunch.

He's the only one that noticed anything was wrong, and we don't even spend that much time together! Maybe that says something about my friends. Or maybe he's just really, really awesome.