[2] Led Away

Rocco quietly follows Scarlet, keeping a far distance. His paws cold from walking in the snow. The further they walk, the more distant the pack's den site. He looks a bit terrified, moving his head to look behind him, he starts to vocalize his concern, "Y-you...I... er... talk?" word forming was a bit hard with fear still dancing in him. Scarlet looks back to Rocco at the sound of him speaking.

"I talk, you talk." She barks out, amusement light in her voice. "I suppose you're asking about the talk I said we'd have?" Rocco looks around the wild landscape, trees sprouting from snow on roller paths abandoned long ago. The light brown male looks up to Scarlet and nods. Scarlet smiles lightly, saying, "About that, I only wish to speak to you about the conditions and how the trial works."

Rocco tilts his head, curiosity flickering up in his eyes. He opens his mouth to speak, then closes it, expressing a quiet, "I-is that all to talk about?" Scarlet turns her head to look forward where she puts steps into the snow, if she heard Rocco, she made no response.

Only a while later did they come to a stop. Scarlet looks up at the sky, seeming to think for a little, speaking now, "For your trial, Heath Crest decided to put you through a blizzard. I disagree, but when we can try and predict weather to a near accuracy, it's bound to happen. It's a bit rigged, but try to figure out an advantage." She pauses, her attention fixating on Rocco, who keeps his head down, listening carefully. The blue eyed Crest seeming to be thinking.

She picks up her words once more, advising Rocco, "I'd suggest you explore the abandoned no fur dens surrounding us. Warmth is your best bet alone. You must be out here without the pack for 3 sunfalls, heading back at the time the sun eats the moon. In other words, sunrise. Try to keep it short, a moon phase and we'll consider you dead." Rocco lifts his head, nodding, understanding. Scarlet smiles worriedly, vocalizing a wish well statement, "May the spirits keep you warm. Please come back safe."

Scarlet turns away, starting to pad off, Rocco standing behind her, not moving, working courage up. Lifting his head, he spoke, "I... I hope I come back! May the spirits keep you warm as well Alpha!" Scarlet rotates her head to make eye contact with Rocco, giving a light smile. Rocco gives a bigger smile before spinning around to explore.

----------------------------

Authors note

Shorter part, but that's to be expected. I am literally posting this in parts because I'm refining these before I post. I pick a portion and refine it until I like it. This was rather short due to time constraints though.

That dog is Scarlet, Scarlet Crest. She leads everything alongside her friend Heath Crest. She's basically an Alpha. She won a fight to get her placement, leaving the previous Crest to be a Claw once more. c: