[3] Abandoned Maze

As the sun falls to night, Rocco climbs into a no fur den, tall, almost like a skytoucher. Sniffing around, Rocco shivers at the cold wind. Wind blew harshly, even more than when he was left here. Rocco shakes his head, ignoring the cold. The smell of the abandoned No fur den was musky, and quite frankly disgusting in Rocco's book. He turns his head, spinning around the room, darting from place to place. Sniffing each thing, Rocco decided upon a wet nest. A nest made of old day wool.

The rest Rocco wishes for that night, was not so. Not much longer after he falls to the grasps of sleep, to which he awakes to another canine like creature. He shivers at the cold wind, and the canine is inching closer. Rocco lets out a whimper, fear drenching everything, coldness of the wind adding to his shivering fear. The canine turns its full gaze on it. At that moment, Rocco knows it's a coyote. The pack always warned against coyotes. Shaking his head, Rocco tries to dart out of the no fur den, slamming into a wall before picking himself up again, he looks back, the coyote looking rather excited. Rocco jumps out a broken transparent sheet.

Darting through the alleys' of Vanfauld, the name of the former city, Rocco glances back, constantly seeing the coyote on his tail. Uttering words of frustration and fear, "Pain in the tail coyote" being one of them, Rocco sharply turned a corner, ending up face first in an old scat dump. He turns to see the coyote skidding past before turning around and running toward him. Rocco falters, fear keeping him still. The coyote bows, in a play bow position, barking, as if to say come play. Rocco turns his head away, averting his dark eyes from the coyote

Rocco gathers his composure together, shaking his head to the coyote who tilts their head. This pause in death chase allows the poor dog to take a breather. Rocco swallows, gulping as much air as he can before spinning on his feet, running, turning corners and letting his insides burn. Rocco had to lose this coyote. This is like a maze without knowing the city.

Leaping up onto a scat dump, the old metal rusting off with time, Rocco could get a view of the coyote. The coyote seems to be bright, healthy, and not even tired. Rocco shakes his head, looking for a way out. He spots a way to the neighboring packs' territory. He shivers at the thought of coming across them, but decides in a split moment. When the coyote leaps up onto the scat dump he stood upon, he hops off, snow splashing around him. An idea hits Rocco at the sight of the snow splashing like water.

Kicking up snow while running on fear and instinct is no easy feat, but Rocco pulled it off. Darting past scat dumps, small cylinder tin ones to large square ones. Rocco passes the brook crossing, a crumbling concrete mess. Rocco starts to sprint, bringing his paws to cross the border of pack territories. Yesterday in Rugged Mountain territory, tomorrow in Cascading River territory.

Rocco silently tries praying to the spirits of the sky that he'd be fine, hoping that he could get someone to help him. Jumping down the bluffs of the island that marked the border of the territories, he slips, sliding down ice covered waters. Looking back to where he just was, he could see the coyote is still chasing after him. Rocco whimpers, there was no way he was going to make this out alive... He was never meant to become a Claw.

-------------------------

Authors note

And that's the end of it. I hope you all enjoyed. Honestly This took me like 2 weeks so give me a break. This was originally for an assignment in school but shhhh. I have to find uses out of things that come from school!

And that dog up there is Rocco, Rocco Tenderclaw. His name is made up of his given name, and rank. His rank being a Tenderclaw. Which is a Trainee. They train under Claws to become like them.