Chapter 2

He actually knew my name. I stopped dead in my tracks. He must of heard someone say it. I'm the school freak here. I turned around slowly.
"Have we met?" I asked. I don't think we have.
" In another life. Can we go somewhere more private to talk? "
I was freaking the hell out. I was told not to trust strangers, so how was I supposed to trust him. I mean I have trust issues. This wasn't helping. I turned and walked away. I didn't want to deal with anyone, let alone him. He was really giving me a headache.
"Grace!"
"I need to get out of here, sorry."
I ran outside to my house. I live a few blocks away from school, if you take the sketchy short cut that is.
As far as I could tell, I was alone. It was very eerie though.

The next thing I know is I'm being jumped. I didn't recognize my assailent. His voice was deep and gruff. The way he was holding me told me he was not very experienced in this department. Not so good for him I guess.
"Give me everything you have, or else."
I swear I could've taken him. I gave him my backpack and left. Only I couldn't leave.
I felt a warm spot on my back and heard the gunshot. Next thing I know, I'm falling to the ground. I guess he kind of panicked and thought I'd tell the cops. I've been around this crap before, I'm not that dumb.
I open my eyes and see the new guy holding a gun aimed at the ass that shot me. After I heard the gun shot I went into Oblivion.
I don't remember anything passed that.
In this strange state I was in, I gained consciousnesses a couple of times. It was in my reach. Then, just like that, it's gone. My body or brain, whatever was keeping me alive, needed to decide if I was gonna live or die. This was getting sad and confusing.
I didn't know what to do or what was happening.
Just knowing something happened to me, and knowing I can't do anything about it was not a good feeling.
A

nd all this because I couldn't deal with one person.