~Chapter 1~

[English is not my first language. But before you click off, why don't you just read the first chapter and then decide if you stay or leave?

I would be very greatful, if you could tell me if I did a grammar or spelling mistake. Thank you and now:

Enjoy]

"So you're my little brother?"

No Answer.

"Well then: Great to meet you. I'm Charlene, but you can call me Charlie, like everyone else."

Again no answer, but this time the girl saw a brief twitch of the ears. The light gray, almost white, little hedgehog in front of her, fearfully turned his head away and pressed his soft toy close to him. And Charlene realized that she had to give him time to get used to his new home.

"Welcome home, Silver."

A gentle nod, the head was buried in the cuddly toy again.

And Charlene thought that maybe she should leave him alone. With any luck, she could talk to him better tonight. But for the time being she got up and walked quickly to the stairs.

"I'm going to my room, just settle in first." she said and was gone the next moment.

Silver, the little hedgehog, clutched his teddy with both arms. His eyes slid around the living room and to his parents.

Lauren, a pink cat with silver eyes, looked at her new son with a smile. She went carefully to his eye level and finally gently stroked the five quills he wore on his forehead. A whim of nature, as well as his small size.

"What do you think about taking a look around?": She finally asked.

The hedgehog hesitated for a second, but then nodded and was free to explore the house, which he did immediately. With slow, gentle steps, he groped his way forward. His gaze wandered along the walls, where he could see pictures of Charlene.

Charlene.

She had been very kind to him. Kept her distance from him and let him rest before trying to talk to him. He liked her.

Yes, he liked her.

But could he really make a judgment? After all, he didn't really know her yet and wanted to think she was friendly? So how did his subconscious divide her a few seconds ago?

No, it didn't work that way. Silver was sure of that.

But didn't the first impression count? That was how his nice person in Charge, Mrs. Schwartz, always explained it to him.

His first impression of Charlene?

She had been kind to him.

Did he like her?

Yes, definitely.

With a tiny, almost invisible smile on his face, Silver continued his discovery tour. He took a close look at everything. The kitchen, where Lauren cooked dinner, and the office, in which Charlene's father, Marcus, was sitting. A dark gray cat with blue eyes. As blue as his sister's eyes.

The little hedgehog decided not to disturb his father and crept past the study to the stairs. His curiosity grew with every step he took.
Shortly after he had climbed the last step, Charlene's room caught his eye. He recognized it from the fact that her name was on the door. He knew that, he could read after all.

Flooded with curiosity, he ran to the door and finally stopped in front of it. At first he wanted to knock, but now he was no longer sure.
What if Charlene didn't want him around?