~Chapter 15~

"W-what? N-no, I...I didn't.... How... d-do you know...that?" Silver stuttered, shocked. He avoided eye contact, which Lauren pointed out indicated that he was very much lying. And it made her mad.

"Silver, the school called today and asked me why you weren't there!" Lauren narrowed her eyes angrily. "What do you have to say about that?"

The gray hedgehog remained silent and only looked at the ground. He didn't know what to answer and he just didn't want to tell the truth. So he turned around and walked upstairs in silence.

Lauren just stared after her son. What has gotten into him?
Sighing, she sat down on the couch.

Silver's heart was as heavy as a stone as he went up the stairs. He wanted to tell her, but he just didn't dare. So he opened the door of his room and immediately threw himself on his bed, as soon as he had entered.

Again, tears ran down his cheeks. He hated lying to his mother so much. It hurt his heart and gave him stomach ache.

Silver stared at his hand, which lit up again. His room was bathed in a turquoise light. The gray hedgehog stared at his hand. Was it brighter than yesterday?

Carefully he looked around his room to see what he had made flying this time.

His breath stopped when he saw how not only one, no even two, books were flying in the air. Wasn't it always just one object? Why suddenly two?

//A-are my powers getting stronger? // he thought, horrified, and jumped up. // No, no, no, not worse! Then I can't hide it anymore!//

Silver winced noticeably when he thought, about how his family would react when they saw this. He couldn't let that happen. But how was he going to keep hiding his powers, when he couldn't control them?

Sighing, Silver sat down on his bed again and waited for his powers to stop by themselves, since he couldn't control it anyway.

But why actually? Sonic had also managed to get his speed under control, as did Knuckles with his strength and Shadow with his chaos powers.

Although Shadow was a bit different again. He could control his ability, but was by no means a master at it, like Sonic with his power. Was it exactly the same with Silver?

If so, he still had a long way to go.

---

"Silver, we need to talk."

There was a knock on the door. Shortly afterwards, it was opened. Lauren pushed the door all the way open and stepped inside. Silver, however, showed no reaction. He looked out the window and remained silent while the cat tried to start a conversation with him.

"Silver, why weren't you at school today?" She asked with a sharp undertone that made Silver shudder. He knew that tone all too well. Now he was in trouble, even if that had been clear to him before.

"Silver, answer me.", Demanded the cat and pulled her son lightly on the arm. But the hedgehog didn't move.

"Silver!"

Now Silver couldn't hide his fear any longer and he winced. In spite of everything, he didn't move, just lowered his eyes.

Lauren's gaze gradually softened again and she gently stroked the young boys arm.
"Silver, we can talk about anything, but you have to cooperate for that."

The hedgehog just shook his head and got up. "You don't understand! And now leave me alone!" He growled angrily. All the fear that had built up in him earlier, had suddenly disappeared and had been replaced by anger.