~Chapter 11~

The bright morning sun was already seeping through the curtains when Silver opened his eyes. Yawning, he turned around in bed. As a result, he rolled closer to the edge and eventually fell out of bed.

"Ouch!" He exclaimed as he hit the hard wooden floor. Even the carpet couldn't cushion his fall.

"Damn it..." the gray hedgehog hissed as he slowly got to his feet. He didn't seem to have hurt himself, for which he was really grateful.

Simultaneously with this thought, he noticed that the house seemed quiet. So he dared a look at his phone.

9:30am

//Mom and Dad must be at work by now...// Silver thought as he put his cell phone away. He went quietly to his door and opened it. Finally he went out into the hallway and looked at the front door.

Indeed, they were all gone.

//Mama, Papa and Charlie have left ..... Which means... // The gray hedgehog grinned to himself. "...that I'm home alone!"

Silver turned and turned back to his room. Feeling better, he decided to start his training today as he had planned the night before.

----

"Okay...what's the best way to do this?"

Silver's gaze fixed the pillow in front of him. He had chosen something easy to start with. Should it slip away, nothing would break. At least that's what he hoped...

The power of his thoughts would make the pillow fly. But how was he supposed to do that? Just think about it and boom, it'll fly?

In any case, it wouldn't hurt to try it out.

"Come on ..." whispered the gray hedgehog. He devoted his thoughts fully to his powers. He imagined the pillow lifting off the couch and tried to copy this line of thought.

When he thought he'd made it, he slowly opened his eyes. But what he saw in front of him was not exactly what he had imagined.

The pillow didn't fly.

On the contrary: It was still lying on the sofa. How could that be? He had focused on the object! Then why wasn't it flying?!

One look at his hands left Silver in frustration. They didn't glow.
But why? Was he doing something wrong?

"Come on... You always show up when I don't want to! Why not now, when it's necessary?!" Silver sighed audibly before trying again.

With his eyes closed, he focused a second time on the pillow. This time, he felt something.

So he carefully opened his eyes and was shocked to discover that it was not the pillow that flew, but the vase. His mother's favorite vase!

"W-what? No, not you! The pillow should float, not the vase!", He shouted, frightened, and tried desperately to put the vase back on the table. Unfortunately for him, his powers did not obey him.

Since he couldn't risk destroying anything else in this household, he climbed onto the sofa and grabbed the vase.

The vase, however, flew on, far out of Silver's reach. But the gray hedgehog didn't give up and followed the object across the living room.

"Hey! Hey vase, come here, come to Silver!" He tried to lure the vase like a dog. At the same time, the hedgehog thought about how stupid he must look right now.

//I'm really the only hedgehog who talks to a vase... // Silver thought to himself as he reached up and actually caught the object.

A huge burden fell from the gray hedgehog's shoulders when he finally held the vase in his hands. Relieved, he put it back on it's place and collapsed on the couch, exhausted.