Chapter 3

Third Person

The life of a pop star wasn't exactly sunshine and rainbows. Nova found herself hunched over in the back of Ray's car, head against her knees and eyes closed in anguish. She'd been running up and down for at least a month now and she couldn't catch a break. Between dance rehearsals for the U.A show, trying to get her album out before said show and being forced to do a whole lot of shit on her own since she was now without a manager, the girl was completely wrecked.

Nova was currently on her way to her label's main office. Though it had been a month they'd only just found out about Richard being fired and, to put it lightly, they were livid. She'd dealt with several angry phone calls before she was sworn into their headquarters.

"Ah shit, here we go again." The blonde girl muttered. This wasn't the first time she'd fucked up with her label. The first time she'd accidentally leaked her entire EP 3 months before it's release date, and the second time she'd broken one of the many plaques lining the walls of her supervisor's office. She was afraid this might be the last straw. She deeply sighed before harshly slapping her cheeks and stepping out of the car, a look of determination taking over her features.

Ray looked at her with sympathy before sending her a small wave and driving off. It took a minute for Nova's legs the function as normal, her anxiousness on the ride to the large building having stiffened her limbs. Her robotic movements into the building didn't go unnoticed by the receptionist. The older woman sent her a concerned glance which Nova waved off before disappearing into the spacious elevator, making her way to the 4th floor.

Now on her higher-ups floor, the hallway in front of the pop star seemed so daunting. In her mind it was like a scene in a horror movie, lights flickering and echoing footsteps bouncing off the walls. She crept her way down the hall, the very last door reading ; ROBERT MCMANN in bold letters encased by a star that greatly resembled the stars on the Hollywood walk of fame. Gulping down her fear Nova hesitantly knocked on the oak door, hearing a deep, commanding voice order her in.

The fox eared girl creaked the door open as she tried to hide herself for as long as possible, Rob clearly had other plans as he quickly said slammed the door open and, with his tall physique, glared menacingly down at her while pointing towards the seat in front of his desk. "Sit."

Nova's quick footsteps were the only sound heard in the deafeningly silent room. Her chair groaned under her weight as she sunk herself into it, hoping to disappear. The heels of Robert's shoes clicked as he walked towards his own seat, settling into the soft fabric and leaning forwards so that his elbows were on then desk.

"So you fired your manager. Why the hell would you do that ?" the man sounded entirely fed up at this point. "He was holding me back, I couldn't do anything other than what he told me to and it was tiring. The music I have been making in the past was no where near what I wanted but he refused to listen to any of my ideas."
"I understand, but even then you have to talk to me about these things before making a decision like that. Though Mr Kingsley scouted you, he still works under me and is therefore my responsibility. I had assigned him to you as I felt that you knew him best and would work well with him but clearly I misjudged." the older man leaned back in thought.

"So what you're saying is, you're not mad ?" Nova had her fingers interlocked and her wide eyes were glued to Robert McMann. The supervisor's eyes visibly sharpened. Nova squeaked and tried to sink even further into her chair. The man was livid. "What I'm saying is, you have until the U.A sports festival to find yourself a manager. If you find someone I approve of, make whatever music you want but if you fail to meet that deadline I just might hand Kyle over to you." he smirked.

A look of disgust overtook the younger girl's features. Everybody fucking hated Kyle, he was a middle aged man convinced that he still had all the characteristics of a frat boy. It physically made Nova sick just being around him and his constant b.o. "I take on your little challenge, guess I'll see you in two months." She may have been a bit of a pussy when it came to regular shit but Nova was never one to back down from a challenge.

The legs of her chair scraped across the floor and she stood up and began briskly making her way towards the door.
"Nova. Two months, you hear me ?"
"Yes sir." She saluted before leaving the room.

———————————————————————————

Going to U.A was always an enjoyable experience, a little chaotic, but enjoyable none the less. The attention directed to Nova had noticeably lessened over time as she was usually found loitering around the building. She liked to hold most of her dance practices on the stage she planned to perform in just to ensure that space and potential obstacles wouldn't be a problem.

"Morning Nova !" the chirpy voice of Mirio Togata exclaimed, his usual wide smile stretched across his face. She'd met the boy the day after her first visit to U.A. Her sense of direction was incredibly flawed so she'd accidentally stumbled into the 3-A classroom rather than the outdoor stadium. He'd offered to show her the correct way and since then they'd been friends.

"Hey Togata, how's your training been going ?" "Well, it's still a little difficult for me to do anything without losing my trousers but yesterday one whole sleeve of my shirt stayed on !" The taller boy was practically vibrating with excitement. " That's amazing ! I'm sure you'll master your quirk soon Togata !" Nova chucked, trying to match his excitement.

The bell rang signalling the beginning of class. "I'll see you later Blanchard !" Mirio waved as he scampered off to his first class. A small smile settles on Nova's face as she walked towards the outdoor stadium. "N-Nova !" she whirled around, coming face to face Todoroki. She had to admit, he was one pretty dude. "Todoroki ? Hey ! What's up ? I thought you had class now." She beamed up at him.

Somehow, even after a month of interactions he still found it difficult to speak to her without looking like a complete idiot. "Uh, well, I just wanted to check in and see how you are ? I'm sure Mr Aizawa won't mind much." His cheeks tinted red as he stared at the shorter girl. "Well that's sweet of you. I'm great ! How are you ? How's your training going ?"

At the mention of training Shoto's face hardened, his usual blush faded and his expression became even more stoic than usual. "Fine, I should go." The two toned boy left without another word leaving Nova feeling a little dejected. Did she say something wrong ? It only seemed right to ask as that was all many U.A students had been talking about for a while. Shaking off his strange behaviour the fox made her way to the outdoor stadium and was enthusiastically greeted by Lora.

"Finally you're here bitch, you got a dollar ?" The duo stared at each other for a few seconds before bursting with laughter. Lora had made it her job to make Nova laugh the minute she came into the arena. Wiping a tear from the corner of her eye the older woman's eyes brightened, an air of excitement surrounding her. "C'mon little lady, I finally figured something out for your show." She pulled the pop star behind her, the excitement she exuded being a little concerning as Nova was used to her nonchalant demeanour.

"Ta-dah !!" Lora threw jazz hands towards the large screens on the stage. She'd finally found the butterfly image Nova had been asking for. Orange butterflies fluttered around the screen in a constant loop.
The fox eared girl shrieked with excitement, "It's perfect, just what I wanted ! You're the absolute best Lora !"
"Yeah, yeah, I'm amazing, I know." the tan woman's calm attitude slowly re-emerged. "Why don't you head up there and start your rehearsal, we would be able to get half of the dance for 'Love Galore' dome today. The other dancers have already warmed up." Nova nodded rapidly before speeding towards the stage. A bright chuckle left Lora's lips as she watched the young girl get herself ready. She was really something else.

(wussgoodie ! the wait was long asl and i'm reallyyyyy sorry about that . the next chapter will be a bit of a filler but i mean, if you like todoroki x nova content you'd better stay tuned !)