Chapter 10

Mikey ambled to the couch, letting himself fall face-first into its firm cushions. He was actually tired, but sleep didn't seem to want to come to him. So he turned on the tv and stared at the flashing colors his sleep-deprived brain could scarcely comprehend. He wasn't sure how long he stayed like that, mind wandering in his own fragmented thoughts. It must have been a while because he heard his brother's voices entering the room, signifying that morning practice was over. Mikey looked over his shoulder as the voices were suddenly raised. 

"I don't know Raph, maybe because of your lack of anger management!" Leo shouted.

"Seriously Leo! Are you deaf or something, I didn't ask about me!" Raph screamed in his face. 

Leo knew better than to shove his bad-tempered brother, but he was fed up with the way he was acting. He took a step forward and pushed Raph back a bit.

"No, you aren't listening to me!"

Fuming, Raph stood there for a second before completely losing it. He shoved Leo back, so roughly that it sent him to the floor. 

Leo looked up at Raph, shaking his head disapprovingly as he collected himself off the ground. 

"Control your damn temper!" he spat.

"Oh, look who's talkin'. You shoved me first!"

"I'm warning you Raph."

"How about you just tell me what the hell you guys are hiding from me?"

Leo glared at Raph as if to say, 'we already went through this' but Raph ignored him.

"What? Is it something about Master Splinter? About Shredder?"

Donnie flinched as the last words slipped from his mouth. Raph practically jumped at him.

"I knew it!"

"Raph, not now," Leo said sternly.

Raph threw his hands up in anger. "When then? Tomorrow? A year from now?"

Donnie looked down, avoiding Raph's searing eyes. Mikey jumped over the couch and stood a foot away from his brothers. He furrowed his brows in confusion.

"What are you guys talking about?"

Raph growled. "Nothin'!"

"Doesn't sound like nothing."

Raph groaned. "Are you serious!"

"Um, yeah?" 

Raph fought the urge to facepalm. "That was a rhetorical question."

Mikey tilted his head.

"Nevermind. You're too dumb to understand anyways."

There was a long pause before a sigh reverberated through the room.

"Yeah I guess I am," Mikey said, then whirled around and left the room.

"Mikey!" Donnie called as he rushed after him.

Leo was glaring at Raph again, he looked seriously pissed.

"Raphael Hamato, what is your problem!"

Raph looked him up and down in resentment.

"You're my problem."

"At least I don't hurt my brothers!" He spat back venomously.

"I don't hurt them."

Leo's eyes narrowed dangerously. "We both know that's a damn lie Raph!"

They both stayed silent for a second.