Part 6

When I woke up, I felt arms wrapped around me, Brahms of course.

"Did you sleep okay?" I rubbed his arm.

I guess I startled him a bit, he jumped back some and backed away.

"Don't turn around." His voice was mixed.

"I won't." I said lowly, not really sure if he was paying attention to what I was saying.

He put his mask back on I assume, but then returned his arms around me.

"Did you sleep okay?" I asked him again.

"I had a dream that you left, so I came here to make sure you didn't." He said.

"Oh alright, it looks like we slept a little longer today." I saw the sun was up a little higher.

I got up and made some breakfast for us, I saw some english muffins. I made some more sausage, eggs with cheese. While we were eating the door bell rang, so I got up to see what it was.

It was a package for me, but I don't remember what it could be. I sat it down by the archway to open when we finish eating.

"You got a delivery?" Brahms asked.

"Yeah, you wanna see what it is?" I asked him.

He nodded his head, I've noticed his hair is starting to hang over his face a bit.

We cleaned our dishes and grabbed some scissors to open the box.

Inside was a few books, different colors of yarn, and some needles.

"Oh I forgot I even ordered this, this was two months ago!" I took the books out.

"What is it?" Brahms touched the bundles of yarn.

"I was going to teach myself how to knit, something to pass the time. I can crochet very little, but I wanted to try this." I opened the books, showing him the different things you can make.

"Ooo, you want to learn with me?" I asked him.

"Okay." He picked up some of the needles.

"You wanna try right now?" I asked him.

He nodded.

We kept it simple and started with a scarf. I had some olive colored yarn, Brahms had royal blue.

After a few mishaps, I got into it very easy. Brahms is just a natural at it, he finished before me.

"We should do a hat next." I told him.

He perked his head up a bit, then went into the walls. At first I was confused, until I checked the time. Malcolm was coming to bring the food. He makes small talk while he brings the food in the house.

"Your driveway looks better than the main roads. How'd you do that?" He asked.

"The snow blower thingy and road salt." I said.

He said when he gets home, he's going to give it a try.

He always offer to help put things away, but I always decline.

Once Brahms knew he was gone, he came out and helped me put everything up.

"I wanna try to knit something big." I tell Brahms.

"What's for lunch before I do that?" I asked him.

"Those salad wraps you made." He said.

"Oh, you liked those."

"Mhmm." He nodded, I could hear the smile in his voice.

I started cooking and Brahms came and held me from behind.

"You okay?" I reached back and touch his mask.

"Mhmm." I felt him nod against my hair.

I moved around and cooked with him behind me.

I assembled the wraps and he let go of me and sat down to eat. This time, he doesn't wait for me to turn around.

"You don't mind showing part of your face to me?" I asked him.

He shook his head, mainly because he was eating.

"I'm glad you're getting more comfortable around me." I tell him and we finish eating.

I wash everything and we went into the living room so he can watch some TV. I grab the needles and some of the black yarn, I got a lot of that.

I started to knit a really big blanket, it made time go by so fast.

I didn't finish it, but my hands were getting tired, so I'll finish it tomorrow.

"What do you want to do now?" I asked him.

"Can you sing again, a different song?" He asked.

"You want me to play the piano?" I asked him.

"No, your hands hurt." He said.

"Oo, I know what I can do."

I go to YouTube and go to the instrumental for the song, and I start to sing it for him.

"Your voice is very nice." He said when I finished.

"I didn't really ever sing in front of anyone. Only in the comfort of my own room." I confessed.

I went to something we could laugh at on YouTube, to help pass the time.

"Hey, ummm do you every get any letters from your parents?" I asked Brahms.

He got up and went inside the walls, coming out with a lot of post cards and pictures.

"Oh wow, so they just up and leave to go on a permanent vacation?" I said.

"They're supposed to be stopping by sometime next week to drop something off." He said.

"When were you going to tell me?" I guess my face was funny, because he laughed at me.

"That's not funny." I said to him.

"I just read it today." He said between laughs, his real voice coming through.

"You aren't funny." I slightly pushed him.

That's when I heard the phone ring, so I went to go pick it up.

"Hello?" I said.

As soon as I spoke, they hung up, not this again.

"Who was it?" Brahms asked.

"No clue, they hung up." I shrugged it off, trying not to let it get to me again.

I started on dinner, I was going to make some pot roast. Brahms helped me put everything in the pot. It was going to take a while before it finished. I read to Brahms until the food was done. We ate and watched a movie. He helped me put away the left overs in containers, then we cleaned everything up.

I took a quick shower, Brahms getting in right after me. I got dressed and waited for Brahms to get out of the shower. As I assumed, he was going to be sleeping with me again.

"You ready to go to sleep?" I asked him.

He just gave me a nod as he climbed in the bed. He turned off the light, and I gave him his goodnight kiss. I rolled over and he took off his mask, then returned his arms around me. I went to sleep very easy that night.