Part 11

Today was the day, Christmas Day!

We got up early to start cooking, although we had a quick breakfast of some microwave sausage, egg, and cheese croissants. We started with all the sides and made our way up to the whole chicken. For desert, I made 3 cheesecakes, some cookies, and chocolate cake. Brahms parents came in sometime while we were cooking but I paid no mind to them. Brahms went with them and said something to them. By the time I finished it was early evening.

Everyone made their plates and we sat at the table. The Heelshire's were talking about everywhere they've been what all they've seen. Brahms looked intrigued, looking at the photos they took. My irritation at them lingered, but not enough to ruin my holidays. They seem to feel bad about their parenting.

Once we got finished I went to the living room, and sat down.

"Present time!" Brahms said excitedly.

He went to the bottom of the tree and grabbed something hidden from view. He then grabbed two more boxes. I opened the smaller boxes and it was a knitted blanket in one.

"You've been knitting behind my back, I should've known." I lifted the blanket up, it was mainly black.

You wrapped it around yourself and embraced in it's softness. Brahms pushed another present for you to open.

"Oh man, you're going to make me feel bad about my gifts, I wonder what this could be." I shook the box a little.

Inside the next one was a necklace, it had a small butterfly pendant on it.

"Oh I love it, now I really feel bad." I put the necklace on.

He handed the last one to me, and I opened it.

It had a lot of packing peanuts in it, but I eventually found the frame.

Pulling it up, I saw the collage of us two. Then I felt stupid for not noticing the camera for all but one. It was a picture of us two in the middle, I was sleeping, but Brahms had his mask off. He had his scarred side on the pillow, so you didn't see it much.

His parents couldn't see it, but I saw the confusion out the corner of my eye.

The right was us sitting in fireplace, the both of us looking into the fire. The left was a picture of you two cooking.

"So you've been learning to take selfies huh?" I looked over to Brahms.

He was radiating anxiety and nervousness.

"I love it Brahms, it's perfect." I got up to give him a hug.

"I'm not sure where I'll put it, but I'm going to put it up. Well I'll need your help." I said.

I went under the tree and grabbed the gifts I got for him.

"It's not much and not nearly as great as your gifts." I handed him the bags.

He pulled out all of the clothes I got for him. It was shirts, pants, sweaters, underwear, and some shoes.

In the second bag was a plain mask.

"I got you that, if you wanted to make you another mask. To wear or just for fun ya know. Or hey, you could even make me one." I tried to explain.

He just shook his head, and pressed the lips of the mask to my forehead.

"Thank you." He said lowly, using his real voice.

His parents didn't bring any actual gifts, but we didn't have any for them so it worked out okay. The rest of the night we just watched holiday movies. I went to the kitchen to clean up, Brahms helped. I headed upstairs and got in the shower. Once I got out Brahms got in, so I waited up for him in the bed. He came not too long and joined me in bed we were going to sleep, until we heard his parents up.

After a few minutes of that, we both got comfortable again and went to sleep, with the help of white noise on YouTube.