Chapter One: Colors and Sparkles

A/N: I just saw the movie yesterday on my birthday and fell in love with Ian even
more than I did when the trailer dropped over the summer. After I saw the movie all of these ideas came to mind. Enjoy this different adventure with Barley, Ian and his best friend Raylee or a possible relationship??
~ Kaity🕊

- * -

Today is Ian Lightfoot's birthday. He is turning 16 today. His mother is yet so proud of her son. She plans to pick up the cake after school. Of course, Ian has yet only one friend but he plans to try and make more. For a new year, new himself.

Ian's top wishes most of all is to see his dad. He died before Ian was even born sadly due to a disease. Though Barley, on the other hand, has three memories to be exalted. Barley told Ian that his beard was scratchy and such. Ian tried to catch the toast as they are talking but it slipped out of his hand and right on the floor.

As they were having this conversation Raylee Anderson was finishing up breakfast. Her brother rolled his eyes and just picked up a fruit and grabbed a juice from the fridge.

Cade does not enjoy his sister's presents. She is too smart and shows off her good grades. Along with getting all of the attention when it should be him. Though yet their parents are very hard workers. So this means they are alone most of the time. Well, not exactly. Cade goes off with his friends while Ray goes with the Lightfoot's.

"That's all?" Raylee asked.

Cade nods, "Hmm hm." With that, he left.

Once she finished she quickly put the plate and glass in the sink. She made sure her hair was looking fine and picked up her bag. Ray then headed next store as Ian was already walking out the door.

Ian is a Teenaged elf, fuzzy blue hair, brown eyes, pointy ears, long nose, blue skin, plaid red long-sleeved shirt, dark blue jeans, blue sneakers.

Raylee is a purple elf. Light purple skin. Shoulder length hair along with bangs. Light purple eyes, pointy ears, black and white striped shirt, creamy colored jacket along with light pink pants and a cream color tan sneakers as well.

The two shared a lot in common. They are so similar but yet so different. They tell each other everything and nothing but the truth. That's what true friendship is. If anything is ever hidden from one another; which is rare, they won't get along well. They did not get along too well in the 7th grade. They didn't tell the truth because of Ray's family issues. She knew he was going through a hard time too so she didn't want to bare him with hers to feel more of a load.

She locked the door behind her as the brother's next store walking out caught her attention.

"Tell you what, I will drive you to school Ian." Barley walked out of the house. He pats Ian's back and grins.

"No-!"

"Come on... It's your birthday!" Barley dragged.

Raylee smiled kindly, "Yea! Happy Birthday, Ian."

Ian glanced over and smiled sweetly, "Thanks, Ray. No thank you, no ride."

She frowned and walked over to the two blue eyes. Ray gently punched his shoulder, "Come on, Ian. It won't be too bad." Ray giggled.

Ian stiffened not understanding Raylee's actions. He slowly reached out and touched his shoulder gently before following behind and took the passenger seat. Once he got settled in and closed the van door he buckled up. Barly grinned at the two and headed to the Van.

They then get into the Van as Ray had the whole space in the back to herself. She rested her elbow on Ian's chair. "Ready for the first day of sophomore year?"