Chapter Ten: So Long Guinevere

-  *  - 

"Yeah! Iandore Lightfoot breaking the rules!" Barley reached over placing a hand on his brother shoulder shaking him playfully.

"I can't believe I am running from the cops!" Ian panicks looking at his review mirror.

"Your not running from the cops. Your running from mom's boyfriend." Barley corrected jokingly.

Up ahead at least fire other cop cars could now be seen as the sirens could be heard blaring.

"Yeah, you're differently running from the cops now!" Raylee commented.

Ian merged over and crashed into an old fence. It caused the police cars to get backed up so it bought them some time. Ian's eyes looked over to the raven statue that wasn't too far away. The road had a huge curve up ahead.

"Hold on!" Ian warned turning the wheel.

"I am not even wearing a seatbelt!" Raylee panicked and stumbled overreaching to grab hold of the drivers seat.

They then came up to a dead-end that is basically a cliff. Ian shifted the couch in reverse and turned back around to the reduction they came from. Only sirens could be heard from the distance. Ian instantly hopped out of the Guinevere as follows Barley and Raylee.

"Oh, what did I do? I shouldn't have driven away." Ian panicked.

"No! It was great! Hey, block the road with those boulders!" Barley wrapped his arm around his brother pointing up at them.

"How?"

Raylee placed a hand on her hip but looked over noticing Wildin out of the van. She snickers slightly.

"Arkain Lightning."

"You said that's the hardest spell." Ian looked back at the two.

"You are ready. To make lighting struck with these one must follow all decrease. You have to do everything speaks from your heart spire, trust yourself, focus, all of it."

Ian glanced back at the boulders. He kept trying to cast the spell. Only every time a spark only went out. On a thirst try it seems like he got the hang of it. Raylee crossed her fingers. It snapped as Ian then walked back.

"I can't."

Raylee dropped her hands and frowned.

"I can't so it. Were not going to see you Dad and it's all my fault."

Her bottom lip curled in as she walked over slowly and placed a hand on his shoulder. Ian instantly faced her and wrapped his arms around her. It startled Raylee but she then placed her arms on his back letting him rest on her shoulder. This was not the time or place for Raylee to tell Ian her feelings. Even if she was doing her best to push them down. Even if sparks are everywhere and the world around then is ever so colorful.

Raylee just needs to be there for him now and give Ian comfort.

"Hey, I am here. It's okay." She whispered softly and patted his back. Suddenly she heard Rise to Valhalla play coming from the Guinevere. She looked over as Ian clinches her pale color jacket.

"Raylee I-I lo-" It seemed like Ian was going to say something but then let go hearing the music too. "What are you doing?"

Raylee just stood there staring at Barley as he is in the Guinevere. He takes out Raylee's bag and picks up a big size rock. She started to step over slowly to pick it up. Her mind is blank now. Trying to comprehend what he was going to say but cut himself off. She picked it up and put it on. Barley angled the wheel and put the couch in 'O'.

He then backed up and let the Guinevere go. Raylee held her bag straps watching the Guinevere drive off on its own. Her hair flew in the breeze as the music made it seem like it was all dramatic. Parts of the van started to fall apart. Barley saluted off his van. Raylee walked next to Ian as their Dad was on her right while his top half is naturally lopsided.

A tired poped and it caused the Guinevere to almost Gallup like a horse more so like. Soon all of his parking tickets flew out from the windows. The three and a well, more so four and a half watching the van drive off one last time. Ian slightly looked over to Raylee and exchanged the staff to his left hand. He glanced down at Raylee's purple hand and looked at their shadow as he reached out to hold it.

The light purple elf stiffened feeling her cold hand gripped gently. Her cheeks flushed deeply as they watched the Guinevere drive up and fly high hitting the borders as they all came crashing down. Barley walked over to grab a souvenir from his old van.

Raylee and Ian looked over at each other. Ian chuckled slightly and rubbed his neck. The two are blushing like crazy.

"It was just a beat-up old van." You could hear Barley's heart breaks as he holds an old piece of the Guinevere. "Come on, we gotta go." He walked passed than not even caring that their hands are intertwined with one another.