Chapter Three: Love, Myself?

A/N: This song fits with how Raylee is feeling. I don't expect you to look up the English lyrics but hey at least listen to the music.
This chapter is yet short before the adventure begins.

Song for chapter
Blooming story: Series: Love Alarm
K Drama Netflix
- *   -

Eventually, the first day came to an end. The two walked out together. Ray seemed to already have a lot of homework on the first day. So did Ian. On his birthday!

"What cake did you get?" Ray asked and took out her phone to check her messages.

"Oh! Just regular old Vanilla." He answered, "You think those cool kids would really come over?"

She shrugs, "I don't see why not?" Raylee sighs, "Dont get caught up in popularity okay? It's not worth it, Ian." Ray places a hand on his shoulder gently for comfort and reassuring.

Ian nods, "Yeah... okay." He looked up ahead as he opened the doors and let Ray out first.

"Hey, you two! So what time?" One of them asked.

"Oh! Uh, how does 3:30 sound?" Ian offered with an awkward chuckle.

"Great! Now I want to make it clear. Are you two a couple?" The darker purple elf asked.

Raylee sighed not being able to take any more of these assumptions. Was it because she always walks to school with Ian? They are neighbors after all. Though yet they always seem to be together somehow.

"Were just childhood best friends. Close, very close friends so..." Raylee made it clear but dragged out not wanting to say 'don't take him from me.'

She rose a brow. The big guy laughed and so did her other friends. Ian then agreed and nodded rapidly. "Nothing more than friends! Right, Raylee?" Ian asked.

As mentioned before she doesn't favor her full name. Though she does not mind it being used what so ever. As it was used previously it was in a situation where she was breaking down. So that meant hearing it would just trigger her.

She sighed loudly and nods, "Hm, yeah." That burned her heart as it started to shatter more.

"Right... sure. If you two need a little push later let me know. Oh here's my number." She handed it to Ian.

Unexpectedly the Guinevere pulled up. Barley recess driving pulled up onto the curve. It was yet so embarrassing for poor Ian. It even made Raylee sorry for embarrassed. Barley walked out and grinned.

"Are," The other girl looked at her. "Are they your-"

"Neighbors and friends! Gosh!" Raylee made it clear. "Sorry, but people have been asking us all day."

"No worries." She replied.

- * -

"Hi mom, we're home." Ian opened the door.

Laural was currently doing Yoga in front of the TV. Their pet dragon races up to and greeted them. Raylee kneeled down slightly and pet the creature. Barely then came in and raced to grave his sword.

"By the laws of yore, I must dub thee a man today. Kneel before me!" Barley pointed out his sward of Ian.

"Someone's dungeons and dragons obsessed." Ray giggled standing back up.

"Hey, birthday boy!" Laurel greeted her son kindly.

"That's okay!" Ian chuckles measuring holding his arms out.

"Oh, your presents! I must get them." Raylee gasped realizing.

"Speaking of which... I have a gift for your father, first if you don't mind, Raylee dear." Laurel walked over and placed the weight down.

Raylee looked over and shooked her head, "Don't mind at all!"

She watched her pull down the attic stairs as she climbed up the latter. Laurel said that she had to wait till they were both over 16 to give them this gift. Raylee felt like she was intruding on their family since it seemed to be more personal.

She let them head on up to Ian's room after. Raylee sighed to herself and headed to the door. I shouldn't intrude on their family business. That's not for me to tamper with. The light purple elf pushed the door open and headed to her house.

"I- I'll come back later, yeah." She sighed looking back at their home and shook her head.

Once she dashed to her house she looked around for any sight of her brother. She frowned. Sure they didn't get along but without being with the Lightfoot's her life is honestly lonely.

Raylee does her best to make Ian happy and to be there for him. To put a smile on his face. That generally makes her happy too. Deep down, she knows she drowning.

It's depressing yet true.

She has to hide this truth from Ian. Sharing this sadness is not good. Raylee sat down on her desk chair and opened her place where she had this only open space to vent her heart out.

Raylee tapped her glimmering purple pen and started to slide across the page.

"I'm trapped inside, always been lonely
I didn't expect that I'm always lonely
I'm not expected that your eyes similar to me
Warm me up and make me flutter"

How could I learn to love, Ian...
When I don't even love myself?