Chapter Two: New year, New me

- * -

The two were then dropped off. It is yet embarrassing. Ian groaned dragging his feet over to a bench and sat down taking out his food. Raylee sat down and placed her drink aside and let her backpack rest on her lap.

She watched him take out a notebook and flipped it open as he wrote: Ian, new year new me.

His hand slides across the line as he writes things such as, make new friends. Though once he was done with that part of the list he looked over at Ray as she was looking down at her phone now. These moments like this are so peaceful to him. A moment he wishes to last forever but they always slip out of his blue hands. They have been here for a few minutes now. Eating, enjoying the silence as Ray occasionally checked her social media.

Ask Raylee what are these feelings. Is it friendship or something else? Ian looked at his writing for a while and sighed closing it taking the last bite of his breakfast burrito.

"Come on let's go. Were going to be late." Ian tapped on her shoulder gently.

Raylee looked up at him and turned off her phone. She put both straps on and nods.
"Yeah let's go." Ray smiled sweetly.

Oh, how he admired her smiles. Her sweet caring smiles. "Hey, one strap. One strap is cool. Want to fit in?" Ian asked.

Ray frowned, "I don't want to get scoliosis."

"Scoli... what now?" Ian asked looking back at her as they crossed the street after looking both ways.

He then noticed the cool kids having out on the stairs talking. A big guy along with another purple elf similar to Ray. She then noticed Ian getting all sweaty. Ray sighed knowing how this would go. She cleared her throat.

"Hey!" She greeted cheerfully, "I am Ray Anderson and this is my friend Ian Lightfoot. And we'll today is his birthday- well you should be the one." Ray pats his shoulder.

"Oh?" The other violet elf asked.

Ian nods nervously, "Y-Yeah! Today is my um well birthday. Cake!" He suddenly shouted.

Raylee sighed facepalming, "He means there would be cake."

"Are you two inviting us?" She asked.

Ian shook his head, "U- Uh... no! Were not."

Raylee inhaled, "Yes, we are!" She shouted at him, "I swear to-... you. You know what no. It's your birthday." She has yet to have a homemade card in her bag along with money inside and a little something else.

Ian looked at her dead in the eyes and sighed, "Thank you, Ray. Ahh well hopefully...?"

"Well see you there." She smiled.

Ian smiled in return. Ray's heart felt like it was slowly sinking. It was like the vibrant colors are slowly fading back to reality. They may have just met but she had been the only one who had been replying. This burned Raylee with jealousy. Ray looked at the two back and forward and sighed heading into the building.

"Is Ray your-"

"Gotta go!" Ian waved awkwardly and chuckled sheepishly. He then raced to catch up. She didn't go too far.

- * -

The two walked in the classroom. An enormous creature was sitting behind Ian's seat. Ray sighed standing there watching his foot being placed on Ian's seat. She crossed her arms and tapped her right foot.

"Take off your foot. That's my friend's seat." She demanded.

Ian looked at her with a worried expression. That was too harsh and demanding. They sat at the same seats every year. Why should they ever change? Though this year Ray wants to promise to help Ian with his new self. Finding who he truly is. Even if that is finding a new seat. Down to anything.

The creature looked up, "You mean your boyfriends?"

Ray stiffens and inhales ad her cheeks redden. Ian faces pams and sighs as his ears grow red. The whole class then looked at them as they started to whisper. It is like her whole body froze. Her thoughts wondered thinking the worst. Her foot froze as she was tapping it not too long ago.

"Look! Their blushing!" One classmate comments.

"Okay they need a ship name." Another starts.

Oh no! Anything but that! Raylee screamed in her mind.

A ship name? Were just friends! Ian groaned.

"How about... Rian." A girl thought.

"No, how about... Raylan?" The friend asked.

She gasped, "Ian, Ray! How does Raylan sound? Guys? Hey, are you two okay?"

"Were just friends!" Ian exclaimed letting out his frustration causing the class to lean back quickly.

Ray looked away sadly and sighed to herself. There is definitely no hope now. He friend zones her. In front of the whole class! Yet he said he saw the colors. Is he confused? Also, little did she know a former classmate that is a blue teenaged elf-like Ian looked at her sadly to feeling bad. He is wearing a blackhead beanie.

"So blind, Ian. Have fun with your seat." She stormed to the middle of the room and took a seat placing her book and notebooks down along with pencils.

"Ooo..." The whole class said at once.

The teacher then yet came in as He started to lecture. He cleared his thought and told the class to open to a page. Ray looked away and sighed. She was embraced yet afraid of their friendship failing. Ever since this morning, it started to go downhill. What could possibly happen next?