CHAPTER TWO: HERE COMES TROUBLE

A/N: hello!! i worked to hard to get this done today because it's my birthday and i wanted to post today! also, i haven't proof-read this but i never proof-read anything so no big change there. I hope everyone is safe and doing the most they can with the quarantine!! 

It's Dick who wakes me up. His fingers trace the pink scares on the sides of my body, trailing up to follow them up my back. The light entering the room from the big window makes me whine and I suddenly miss Gotham's dull weather. No unwanted morning light there.

"Morning."

"What time is it?"

"Ten past eight." He says and I groan, hiding me face into the pillow. Dick laughs and moves to steal the pillow, letting my head fall back on the sheets. "Don't go back to sleep."

"Dick." he chuckles and whispers an unimpressed remark for my very creative use of his name on my ear.

I turn around to face him, and when I do I smile sleepily at him. His hair is messy and falling down to his eyes. He must have woken up a while ago because there was no sleepiness in them anymore, just the familiar warm.

"Morning." I finally greet him, using his chest as a pillow since he had so rudely stolen mine. "So you got any plans today?"

"I'm getting morning coffee with Rachel and then we'll train them."

"I'm sorry, we? I'm not doing anything I'm on vacation." I pout and ignore the look he gives me. I did not come here to teach them anything, I came here to eat for free and corrupt them some more, maybe get drunk with Jason even.

"They can benefit from your experience and expertise, Kat."

"On stealing wallets? Jay grew up on the same streets I did, he knows how to do it just fine."

"On sneaking around, street fighting, resourcefulness, aim..." Dick trails off, his finger running through my hair slowly. "You have plenty of good qualities, not only stealing wallets."

"I know I do, but go on, keep the compliments coming."

"Help me help them."

"One condition." I say, sitting up I can meet his eyes. "I get to have normal food. I'm not eating anything you cook."

"Oh c'mon." he groans and I laugh. Jason had complained one too many times about having to get pizza clandestinely due to his brother's horrible cooking skills. I didn't hate myself enough to go through that. "It's not that bad. Alfred taught me!"

"And I'm sure it's your fault it tastes that way. Bless that man if he has to put up with you Wayne boys under one roof." I joke, and laugh when he pokes my arm playfully.

"He adores us."

"He gets paid to adore you." I argue back.

Dick rolls his eyes and moves so his hands meet around my waist. The contrast between this warm hands and my cool skin makes me sight content. Easy mornings were never something we did. Frenetic nights and fast goodbyes were what are good at. However this was something that came naturally; no thinking necessary, no need to calculate the next move. This was something I could get used to again.

Dick brings me down to rest on his chest, our faces inches away. A faint grin displayed on his lips.

"I'm adorable."

"You're dramatic. And a bit of an ass most of the time." My words drip with humor and I have to bit my lip to prevent a laugh to come out with them.