Chapter 2

After breakfast I went to the training grounds so I could train before the pack got there. For some reason I hate training in front of them. I guess I'm just scared that Rayne will get upset and hurt someone.
As I get to the grounds I see my best friend Aspen arguing with Ryker, Jaspers best friend. Those two have never gotten along no matter what was going on. If they were in the same room they would be at each others throats in seconds.
Aspen is the daughter of Aella who is like my moms assistant but also her friend? I don't know how this came to be cause they only started being around each other after Aella challenged my mom for the title of Queen. Strange way to become friends let me tell you.
Ryker is the son of Jorgie and Dom's, the packs Beta and Beta Female. He always finds a way to pick on Aspen ever since we were little. Jasper and I have a bet going that when Aspen turns eighteen, which happens to be the night of the Ball in three days, they will find out they are mates. Jasper thinks I'm insane. Whoever wins gets to have the other twin be their servant for a week so I'm looking forward to it.
" What are you two arguing about now? Seriously is it so hard to get along for five minutes?"
Aspen and Ryker both snap their necks to me and roll their eyes at me.
"If Ryker would mind his own business for once we wouldn't be having this argument!"
I turn my head to Ryker and see a smirk dancing across his lips.
"Oh sure. I'm the bad guy. I just think that if you are gonna wear that dress to the Ball, people are gonna stare and you should know your mate won't be very happy. You know how wolves can be... Just trying to help ya out."
"Ugh you are so irritating! Why don't you go run into the woods and get attacked by Rouges! At least then I could get some peace and quiet!"
"No way Aspen, you would miss me too much. Admit it. You love me."
"Not in a million years!"
It's my turn to roll my eyes.
"If you two don't mind... I came here to train but since you won't stop arguing I guess I will have to come back later. Aspen just so you know, I'm sure your mate will love your dress. Now if you will excuse me."
I turn on my heel and walk toward the tree line. I find a good spot to shift and hide my clothes inside a tree. I let Rayne come forward and immediately shift into my wolf.
Every sense heightens as I begin to run, weaving in and out of trees and jumping over fallen logs.
I come across a few deer and a couple rabbits as I race by. When I make it to our boarder I stop and walk to the left toward the river. I lay down and rest by the waters edge feeling peaceful and carefree.
That is until I smell the most amazing scent I have ever smelled before.
Go find the source of that scent! If you won't I will!
Okay I'm going! Jeez you are so impatient!
I get up and sniff the air, trying to find which direction the scent came from. Heading back towards the boarder the scent gets stronger and stronger.
Cedar wood and Ocean mist. Never would have thought it would smell so good...
I keep following the scent without even thinking about leaving our territory. We start running through the trees as the scent gets stronger and stronger.
That is... till three wolves jump out of the trees ready to attack.
Great. Rouges. Would it kill you to pay more attention when you have control Rayne?
Like I was the only one who was distracted!
The wolves start to circle us, trying to trap us so we won't be able to fight back.
Alright Rayne. Take it away girl! This is your chance to show why no one opposes us.
Rayne forcibly pushes to the front of my mind and takes complete control.
I can't even tell you what happened during said fight because when Rayne takes complete control like she did, it's almost like I black out. I have no recollection of what happens.
All I know is that when Rayne gives control back over to me, there are three dead wolves laying around me. The one that acted like the leader had scratches all over him and his entire left half of his body was torn to shreds. The other two seemed to be easy because they had no markings except for blood around their necks.
We should get back. We have meetings and other things to do today.
But what about the scent? We still haven't found where it came from!"
Maybe we can find it later. Right now we have a job to do.
I turn around and race back to our territory. I shake my head trying to clear my thoughts that run rampant. The scent, the rouges, what's next?
Is there a bigger attack coming? Is the smell a figment of our imagination?
I am so distracted by my thoughts I run straight into Brina.
Brina is related to Lenna and Kendra, who are friends with my mom and are hybrids. Lenna has power over water and Kendra has power over fire. Brina is extremely blessed and has the power of earth. Aspen, Brina and I have been best friend's since we were little.
"Oof. Oh hey Eve! Is everything alright?"
I want to shift back but Rayne is so worked up that she refuses to let me. I just shake my head at Brina and whimper.
"What's wrong Evelyn? What happened?"
I try and take enough control to mindlink Brina.
Rouges. Three. Attack. Dead. Nice scent.
"You were attacked by three rouges, killed them and they smelt nice?"
Smell nice scent. Went to look. Got attacked. Scent vanished. Not rouges smell.
"You smelt something nice, went to go look for it, but you were attacked. When the fight was over you couldn't smell the scent anymore?"
Yes.
"Okay well I'm glad you aren't hurt. I will mindlink your dad to get patrols to get ride of the rouges and make sure there aren't anymore. Besides that, can you shift back yet?"
No. Rayne too hyper.
"Well I can see that. You won't hold still for goodness sake. How about we go to my aunts house and they can get you a tonic to help calm you down?"
Okay. Clothes behind you.
Brina grabbed my clothes and shoes before walking with me to Lenna and Kendras home. When we got to their house, the smell of nature seemed to grow tenfold. Plants of all types were around the wooden home, it looked like a fairytale.
Brina ran ahead to open the door for me as she hollers for her aunts. The twins ran in from the back of the house before Brina could finish saying their names.
Brina quickly explains why I'm still a wolf and Kendra flees to the kitchen to start working on a tea that is supposed to calm me and Rayne down in only a few minutes.
Lenna leads Brina and I to the living room, both of them on the couch while I lay on the rug.
After twelve minutes of waiting in the living room, Kendra comes in with a tea cup in her hand that has a honey rose tea inside.
"This will help calm you down in minutes."
I nod my head in thanks as I drink every last drop of the liquid.
As soon as I finish, Brina leads me to the bathroom and lays my clothes on the counter. As soon as I shift back and am finished dressing, I walk back to the living room while Brina and her aunts are talking in hushed tones.
"Any visions today?"
"Aunt Lenna, you can call them what they are. I know what they are and what they mean. I know who I am and what my power means."
"Lenna just doesn't want to see you get hurt or used for your gift. Prophecy is a gift that only the Moon Goddess bestows when a great trouble or great turn in the world is to happen."
"Yes Aunt Kendra, I know the legends of how those with The Sight were slaughtered out of fear and the ones who escaped were forced to live in exile, watching their backs at every turn. This isn't then though. Besides you guys are the only ones who know. Eventually I will tell Evelyn. My destiny is to protect her and to be her guide."
I make a slight noise as I turn the corner. I pretend I didn't hear anything from their conversation. I say a quick set of goodbyes and leave the house, headed straight to my office. I have some work to do before the day is over.

Please don't hate me... I know this is well overdue... this chapter also is not a wonderful chapter but it's the best I can give.
I hope each and everyone of you is staying safe and protecting yourselves from this global pandemic. If you aren't staying safe, please start!
Okay I'm done lecturing about The Coronavirus.
Lots of Love,
Bookdragon2022