Chapter 6

The night slowly faded to morning as I peacefully slept in the meadow of wild flowers. I can hear birds start to sing their morning song but I truly wish they would quiet down so I could sleep longer. 

I start to drift back to sleep when I hear shouting.

"I FOUND HER! TELL THE ALPHA KING!"

A chorus of shots rings through the air as the seconds pass.

"THE PRINCESS IS FOUND!"

I force my eyes to open and see at least a dozen guards surrounding me. I immediately hop onto all fours alerting everyone that I am in fact aware of whats going on around me. 

A grizzly bear looking man who I remember his name being Brock, steps forward before starting to speak.

"Princess, the King and Queen have been worried sick! They have had everyone looking for you all night! How did you even manage to cross over the boarder?"

As soon as he finishes speaking, a low growl is heard, coming from behind the guards.

Brock turns around and sees the black wolf from last night in a defensive stance, ready to attack if someone make a move closer to him.

"You! Shift this instant and show who you are!"

Wolfy just growls louder at all the guards.

"Guards! Chain him up! He could be the reason the princess went missing!"

More guards appeared from the trees and surrounded the black wolf. Before you could blink, a silver collar and chain was placed around his neck. The more he tried to fight the tighter the held the chain. 

"Muzzle that Mutt!"

A muzzle was soon placed on him and you could see the anger in his eyes.

I growled and brought the attention back to me.

I nodded at the other wolf, trying to get Brock to release him.

"He needs to be questioned. He must come with us! Now we are to escort you to your family, they are worried sick!"

I rolled my eyes and started off towards the border after showing where all my stuff was. Since Brock wouldn't listen to me, he can carry my stuff like a hand maid.

As I raced back home I could hear the faint growls and whimpers of Wolfy. It truly broke my heart cause he didn't deserve to be brought in, especially this way. He didn't do anything to me. 

Rayne? Make sure to remind me to talk to Mom and Dad about this. 

Oh so now I'm just your assistant to remind you about stupid stuff such as releasing an innocent  man! You are better than this Evelyn! 

"Evelyn! Thank the Goddess you are safe!"

My entire family was at the boarder as soon as I crossed back into our territory. As soon as all four paws were on our land I was enveloped in hugs from my entire family. Everyone was talking at once, but I couldn't focus on a single thing they were saying. 

I forced a whimper and they all let go of me, thinking they were hurting me. 

They weren't.

I just couldn't stand having all of them freaking out and holding onto me. 

Once they were far enough away I jumped over them and ran toward my house. I needed to shift back if I was going to get Wolfy free before it was too late. 

As soon as I made it to my room I saw the door wide open. I never leave the door open. 

As I walk in I see Brina sitting patiently on one of my armchairs.