Chapter 4

As I made it back to the house I hear yelling. I quicken my pace as I rush through the front door. 

"HOW DARE YOU! WHO LET YOU IN HERE? EVE, BRINA, AND I ARE TRYING TO GET READY!"

"Stop yelling at me Aspen. This is my house."

"JUST CAUSE ITS YOUR HOUSE DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN JUST WALK IN! WHAT IF WE WERE CHANGING?"

"Why would you be changing in the living room? That makes zero sense."

"WHATEVER JASPER! JUST GET YOUR TUX AND LEAVE! WE HAVE IMPORTANT STUFF TO DO!"

"Okay geez! What made you so grumpy?"

"I'm sorta, kinda, not really, sorry. I'm just nervous about tonight."

I can't help but start laughing when Jasper gives Aspen a hug to comfort her. Both of them look at me with a playful glare. This only makes me laugh harder.

"Alright J, us girls need to start getting ready so if you don't mind, there's the door and don't let it hit you on the way out."

Jasper sticks his tongue out at me before shaking his head and grabbing his tux off the couch where he must have put it when he was arguing with Aspen.

"I feel real loved sis."

"Good now get out."

Once Jasper leaves the house I turn to chuckling Brina and an exasperated Aspen.

"Finally now that you have decided to grace us with your royal presence, we can finally start getting ready!"

I just shake my head at my overly hyper friend.

"I was gone for what? Thirty minuets?"

"Stop talking! We have work to do! And when I mean us, I mean the group of stylists upstairs waiting for us."

Brina speaks for the first time since I walked into the house.

"I guess we better get upstairs then if we are transform us from boring girls to beautiful princesses, well one of us is a princess so I don't know what she be turned into. Maybe an ogre?"

"I will so get you for that!"

"You gotta catch me first!"

All three of us race up the stairs laughing like we don't have a single care in the world.

When we get to my room we are pushed into three beauty chairs. The lead stylist tells us that we are going to go through four stages of preparation : hair, makeup, dress, accessories.

Many Hours Later-

The finished product of us girls was magnificent. Brina decided to leave her natural hair for the dance, and Aspen decided to only accessorize with a clutch.

 Brina decided to leave her natural hair for the dance, and Aspen decided to only accessorize with a clutch

To say we looked good would be an understatement

To say we looked good would be an understatement. We looked fabulous and were ready to party. Well, Brina and Aspen were ready to party and meet their mates but all I wanted to do was get this ball over. 

I don't have time to be all lovey with someone I probably don't even know. I mean I only really know the pack from afar. I am too busy learning from my father how to run the pack and keep the peace with every other pack around us. The only reason I'm friends with the girls is cause we grew up together and all so close in age.

"Earth to Evelyn. Earth to Evelyn."

"Huh? What? What did I miss?"

The girls just start laughing as they start to walk out the front door.

"No seriously, what happened? Why are you laughing?"

Brina decides to answer my question after I give my best puppy dog face. She always has been a sucker for the puppy dog face.

"You keep zoning out today. We tried talking to you for like ten minuets and you wouldn't respond even when we shook you. It was really weird actually cause you had this really far away look in your eye."

"Love the fact that you guys are talking about what happened like forever ago but I want to go to the ball so if you would kindly get in my car that would be great."

"Of course your royal highness we apologize for making you wait. We would gladly get in your red Ferrari, I mean, your wonderful carriage. After you Aspen."

"Har Har Eve. I'm serious though! We can't be late or you will miss your royal entrance."

"Yeah whatever."

We pile in the car and Aspen drives at neck break speed to the old castle that used to be used as the pack house. Three minuets later and I split ways with the girls and go towards the 'Royal Staircase' so I can walk in with my parents and siblings. If the younger siblings decide to come. They never come to these things.

Oh to be a princess and have all eyes on you. What fun...

Hint the sarcasm. 

"Oh sweetheart you look beautiful!"

"Thanks Dad. When are we going in?"

Before my dad can answer my question I'm engulfed in my mothers arms and have a her high pitched squealing in my ears.

"My babies looks so grown up! Look at you in your pretty dress! Your brother in his fancy tux! Oh when did you guys get so big?"

"Audrey, sweetheart, don't cry. It's okay, they aren't going anywhere, this is just like every other ball. Please don't cry."

"Okay okay. I'm okay."

"Alright lets get this party started!"

Jasper and I both groan and say, "Dad! No one says that!"

We all laugh and walk out to the Royal Balcony and everyone kneels and yada yada yada. I never have loved the whole bowing anytime I enter a room. I will never get used to it. 

Once all the royal stuff is over with I go down and stand with Brina and Aspen. Jasper goes straight to the food table to get me something to eat. I hope that eating something will make this experience more bearable.

" Alright I got the..."

"Mate"