Chapter 14: You'll Know Where To Find Me

The cameras clicked and flashed as Natasha Romanoff stood to testify on Capitol Hill in Washington D.C.

'Why haven't we yet heard from Captain Rogers or Agent Lehnsherr?' one of the senators asked.

'I don't know what there is left for them to say,' Natasha stated. 'I think the wreck in the middle of the Potomac made their point fairly eloquently.'

'Well, he could explain how this country is expected to maintain its national security now that you, him and Lehnsherr have laid waste to our intelligence apparatus.'

'HYDRA was selling you lies, not intelligence,' she argued.

'Many of which you seemed to have a personal hand in telling. Agent, you should now that there are some on this committee who feel, given your service record both for this country and against it, that you belong in a penitentiary. Not mouthing off on Capitol Hill.'

'You're not going to put me in a prison. You're not going to put any of us in a prison. You know why?' she asked.

'Do enlighten us.'

'Because you need us. Yes, the world is a vulnerable place and yes, we help make it that way. But we're also the ones best qualified to defend it. So if you want to arrest me, arrest me. You'll know where to find me.'