.:Chapter 1:.

This takes place after bfb 15 btw.

Taco's POV
I sat by a dead tree, thinking. Thinking about Book. Thinking about how she saved me. Thinking about how I was constantly interrupted by four when I tried to talk to her during the elimination. Thinking about her beautiful cover and her voice. I shook my head. That's not what we're thinking about right now.
She probably still hates me, and just saved me because ice cube was there.

I jumped when someone walked in front of me. "Huh?" I looked up.

"Hey taco," Gaty sighed. "Watchya doing?" She sat down next to me.

I paused for a second. ".. thinking about stuff.." I mumbled. Gaty nodded.

"What are you thinking about? You don't have to tell me, I'm just kinda bored around here. Some stuff has been on my mind too." She looked up into the sky, glowing orange and pink with the sunset.
"Um.. I've been thinking about book. Last challenge she-" I paused. I don't know why I paused. "Last challenge Book saved me from lava." Gaty looked started, but tried to hide it. She turned to me with a straight face. "Book.. saved you?" I nodded. "I've just been confused about it. I thought she hated me."

"Yknow, sometime during the challenge, I talked to book about her.. behavior." Gaty said. I perked up. "What did you say to her?" Gaty explained her conversation with book to me. I nodded as she spoke. "So.. I think she might've come to her senses after that." Gaty looked forward at Coiny playing tic-tac-toe with pin. "You should probably talk to her." I looked down at my hands, fidgeting with the burnt grass under me. "You're right," I started, and looked up towards Gaty. "But I'm not ready yet. I need more time to think this over with myself." Gaty nodded. "No ones forcing you to do this." I smiled softly. "Well, thanks Gaty." Gaty smiled back. "No problem. We should go to sleep, it's getting late." I nodded and we went in our seperate directions.

Book's POV
I paced back and fourth behind the bathrooms. I'm an idiot. I'm mean. I need to apologize to taco. When am I gonna do that? I'm scared to do that. I'm scared shes still gonna hate me. It's probably too late to apologize. My back slid down the wall, my hands landing beside me on the black, charred ground. I gripped some of the dead grass and sighed. I looked up. The stars spread across the night sky glowed. I closed my eyes, and eventually dozed off.

-436 words-

My first actually proper fanfiction that's good. I actually had somewhat of a plan going into this. I'm proud of it, but don't know if I'll have the motivation to write chapters often.
Anyway, bye busters!

-Neko Sandwich