The Inheritance

Disclaimer: I don't own the Labyrinth or Winx Club, I only own Annabelle. I also don't own Dr Dorenil.

Annabelle's POV:

The day of my inheritance arrived sooner than I would have liked but I knew that no matter how much I prepared for today I would never be able to say that I was ready for it. We got everything that I would need in my room ready yesterday so we are as prepared as we can be. The castle was on lockdown so that no one was affected by the powerful blast that will happen at the peak of the inheritance.

I moved away from the window and laid on my bed, I could feel the pain slowly creeping in. "Jareth!" I called painfully. As every second went by the pain got worse and worse. Jareth burst into the room, Dr Dorenil closely following behind him. Jareth raced to my side while the doctor quickly set up. I could feel my powers growing and I looked over at Jareth. "I can't hold it in much longer," I told him. Jareth looked over at the doctor who quickly gave him instructions on helping with the pain and the blast before leaving. Jareth quickly set up the special barrier to keep the blast contained as much as possible. Dr Dorenil couldn't stay as he would be affected by the blast.

As every minute went by the pain increased, getting worse and worse. I cried out in pain and the first blast left my body. Jareth stayed by my side the entire time, trying to soothe me. He drew small circles on my arm with his fingers using the technique to try to soothe the pain. The pain increased and more small blasts left my body. A glowing orb left my body and started to grow in size. An hour went by and the orb had grown to 10 times its original size. I knew it would soon burst into the main blast. Jareth added extra layers of protection to the barrier. The pain soon became too much and I passed out. An hour later the pain forced me awake and I screamed out as the orb burst and the power left my body in full force. I passed out again from the pain.

An hour later I woke up to my body tingling. The room was lit up brightly as my body started to glow. I looked over at Jareth who looked shocked. I felt myself starting to rise from the bed. The change was starting to happen. Soon I could no longer see Jareth as the light blocked me from him. I felt my new powers coming through and my clothes changing. The glow soon dies down as the transformation was completed and I could see Jareth staring at me in awe. I landed near him and looked down at my outfit. My dress had changed to the outfit above.

"Woh!, this is amazing! And it doesn't hurt anymore!" I said happily. "You look beautiful Annabelle," said Jareth. "I'm glad that the pain is gone" he continued. "Thanks, I couldn't have got through it without you, thank you Jareth," I said. He smiled "your welcome, my dear" he replied. He turned and took down the barriers. "I think we have been in this room long enough," he said. "We have, haven't we," I said smiling. Maybe it's time to take my new wings for a test drive, I followed Jareth outside, out of the castle and into the sunshine. "Wow, it's such a beautiful day out, I'm going to have a fly around," I told him. He nodded "be careful, you may still be weak from the pain" he replied. "I'll take it easy, I can feel my strength returning already," I said. Jareth nodded, "I'll be in the throne room so come and find me when you're done," he told me. I nodded before taking off carefully testing my new wings.

I spent the next two hours flying around testing my wings and testing my powers. Knowing I shouldn't use all of my strength I carefully landed and headed to find Jareth. As he had told me I found him in the throne room. He smiled when he saw me, "how did it go," he asked as I walked over to him. "It was good, my powers are at full strength which is good" I replied. "I think it's time that we go and visit your friends," Jareth told me. "Really?! I can't wait, I won't tell them that we are coming that way I can surprise them" I replied. "Really and that's a good idea, gives us the element of surprise and mystery" he replied. I nodded, knowing exactly what he meant. "It's been a long day, let's get something to eat before having a quiet evening," Jareth said. I nodded he was right, it had been a long day. "By the way you look beautiful and I can feel your power has changed, you've come into your full maturity now" Jareth said with a smile. "Thank you Jareth and yes I can feel it too, it feels good" I replied.

"Come I have something to show you," Jareth said. "What is it?" I asked. "You'll see" he replied with a smile. He led me into the dining room which had been decorated and my friends from the Labyrinth were there, waiting for us. When they saw me they shouted Surprise! I thanked everyone before we spent the night celebrating my inheritance. By the time I fell into bed I had dined on all my favourite foods, danced to my favourite music, often dancing in Jareth's strong and safe arms. I had also been given a lot of beautiful presents from my new friends, I had spoken with everyone thanking them for coming and for the beautiful inheritance presents. I noticed one man and who I guessed were his sons standing near Jareth and speaking to them regularly throughout the night. I couldn't help but think that he looked a lot like me. Who was he? Why did he look so familiar? Where had I seen him before? The day's events had taken their toll on me and I soon fell asleep.