Chapter 3

Its  a bit of a short chapter so bear with me. it'll get better :)

happy reading! and please dont forget to leave your comments and vote if you like what you read! xx

_________________________________________

He will. He will not. He will. He will not.

Louis was going mad trying to guess whether Josh really would come back the next day. Get out of my head! Every time she closed her eyes, she saw his kind baby blues looking down at her when he was offering his help. It drove her insane thinking about it! She wasn’t even sure about her own feelings. Did she even want him to come back? Did she want to be saved? And what would happen if she actually escaped this hellhole? She had dreamt of getting out for so long, it felt as though nothing really could live up to her expectations.

She tossed and turned in her king sized bed alone that night with those thoughts toying around in her head, forcing her to stay awake. Eventually though, she succumbed to the beautiful lullaby of darkness.

***

“I see you enjoyed what little time you had yesterday.” Scarlett chuckled as Josh stood before her paying a handsome sum. Josh groaned internally. As if he hadn’t caused him enough humiliation for one night, Cody had withdrawn the money he’d paid for Josh to ‘enjoy’ his night. Ms. Scarlett then had to call the suite and ask Louis in turn to ask him to leave.

“Come with me.”

“May I ask why you close the door?” Josh directly confronted her when they reached the door at the back of the club, “I’m paying quite a sum so I’d much rather feel free to come and go when I please.”

Scarlett slowly turned around and looked at Josh straight in the eye. Her unnaturally large eyes gave him the chills but he didn’t lower his eyes. Her nose twitched slightly before she answered warily, “Well I suppose you can keep the copy of the key. DO NOT give it to anyone. Before you leave I need to get it back. If I don’t get it back…well my security guards will take matters into their own hands.”

“Don’t worry ma’am, I will personally give it to you.” This didn’t seem to reassure her one bit. Nevertheless, as soon as the door was open, she handed Josh the key and waited till he was inside the same red and gold corridor to bang the door. She turned her copy of the key in its lock which left Josh standing alone in the exact same spot as the day before.

Taking big steps, Josh crossed the corridor in a few seconds and stood hesitantly in front of the red door. His hand paused over the golden doorknob as he thought about what he was about to get himself into right now. Shaking his head, he made his decision. He pushed the door open and stepped inside the suite.

Without stopping to look at the furniture this time, he quickly moved to slide open the other set of doors. For some reason Josh was experiencing a strange sense of excitement and anxiousness. Pushing those feelings away he peeked into the bedroom.

Once again, Louis was sitting with her back to the door of the bedroom, but this time she was in a red silk bra and shorts. Again, he couldn’t help but run his eyes down her beautiful curves. Slowly, he moved closer to her, and touched her waist gently. “Boo.”

She screamed.

“Oh my god, you scared the living crap out of me!” her hand flew to her heart from the shock.

He cast his head and eyes downwards to avoid looking at her bare skin. But before he could ask her to get decent, she pulled a white robe off a standing hook and put it on.

“You came.” She said simply.

“I promised didn’t I?”

“You did, yes.” She said it as if that weren’t explanation enough.

“Well, this is my diploma...” it sounded excessively strange to say that word in that situation for some reason.

She looked at the paper for ages, her eyes running along the lines as if checking for one error that would reveal this entire thing as a sham.

There was not.

Still she held the paper in her hands, and continued to stare at it.

“Do you want to talk to me now?” Josh asked her softly as he moved closer and let his fingertips brush her shoulder gently.

In the one fraction of the second that she raised her eyes to look at him, their eyes met and it was as though a ripple effect took place. The sight of his gentle baby blues were almost too much for her to bear.

“I promise no one will hear of this. You have my word. I will do all that is in my power to help you.”

“Please stop.” She whispered, but her voice broke.

Josh was surprised by his sudden burst of sympathy for this woman. She looked shaken up right now, so he pushed forward, hoping she would open up soon.

“Just talk to me. I can get you out of here.”

“Please stop.” To Josh’s complete surprise, he saw tears glistening on Louis’ cheeks.

“Hey.” He said softly and crouched in front of her. He touched her cheek, wiping away her tears tenderly.

It was as though his touch triggered some hidden emotion, as though it was the last straw, because right then, she completely broke down.