Chapter 1: Accepted In Seoul University

Y/N POV

I opened my eyes and got a message from Seoul University. I quickly got up and took a shower. I opened my laptop and clicked the message from Seoul University, I was slowly scrolling down and was shocked when I saw their message.

"OMG AHHHHHHH!!!!" I shouted so loud. My appa and eomma suddenly opened my door and asked what happened.

"What happened?!" they asked, they look so worried.

"Oh, I think I shouted too loud." I mumbled to myself.

"I got accepted at Seoul University!" I excitedly said.

They both screamed so loud.

HAHAHAHA.

Appa, eomma and I started reading the message.

"This is Seoul University.
After you took the test, I'm very happy to announce that you got accepted in Seoul University.
We hope to see you next month!" we read in unison.

"I'm very happy that you got accepted but I'm also sad." appa said.

"Why are you sad?" I asked.

"Because you're gonna move out. You spend 19 years of your life here. And now you're slowly growing independently. We will definitely miss you so much." appa said. I can see that appa is holding his tears back.

"Awwww, appa why do you have to make me cry." a drop of tear fell down.

"Awww, we will definitely miss you y/n." eomma said.

Group hug.

"Ok, let's stop crying because I still have to get ready and you guys still needs to go to work." I said and wiped my tears.

"Oh yeah." appa said.

"Bye, I love you." eomma said and then kissed me on my forehead.

"Bye! Take care. We love you." appa said then hugged me.

After they exited the house, I made myself pancakes, plus their extra fluffy because I'm so happy today. While I was cooking I was thinking of what appa said earlier. I don't wanna leave my appa and eomma in this house but it's also for my own good. I promise to make my appa and eomma proud after I graduate.

I was chilling in my bed after eating my breakfast. I noticed that a photo dropped off my table. I quickly stood up to get it.
The picture was my childhood bestfriend, Hanbin. I heard he became a kpop idol which is true. Seeing him sing, dance and rap on stage makes me happy and proud. He's definitely living his dreams. We always told each other that we would audition to different companies until we get accepted, but it looks like he's the only one who is successful and I'm just here studying a lot of shits because I want to make my parents proud of me. But to be honest I'm missing him more these days. Knowing that I know he's in Seoul makes me want to meet him but I can't because I don't know where he lives and plus, I don't even think he still knows or cares about me. I'm literally a normal human/potato and he's a famous handsome/talented kpop idol, I'm really behind him. To be honest I feel like he forgotten me already. The word 'forgotten' sounds sucks but that's also what you call life, there's always pain. But losing a bestfriend is like losing an important part of your body, like your hand or foot. You can't do something without it but it's already gone, so you just have to accept it. It may be hard but you can slowly accept it through time.

After i picked up the photo, I decided to put it in the back of my phone case. Seeing this picture makes me wanna cry and before I knew it, tears started to drop.

"Why do I keep crying today ughh!" I mumbled to myself. I suddenly heared a knock on the door. So I quickly wiped my tears and went downstairs to open the door.

"Hey!" a familiar voice said.

"Omg Hi!!!" I screamed in excitement. I suddenly gave him a tight hug.

"I missed you so much lil sis." a guy said.

"I missed you too Mino!" I said and got out of the hug.

"I told you to call me a big bro, not Mino." he corrected me.

"You know what, you should just come in and we can have a talk if you have time." I suggested.

"I have lots of time because I'm here for a vacation and decided to visit you." he said.

I prepared cookies and juice for him.

"Thank you so much lil sis." he said.

"No problem." I replied.

"By the way are you the only one who came here for Jeju for a vacation or you're with someone?" I asked in curiosity.

"Nope, I'm with my members. I think Sungyoon's currently taking pictures in a hotel we are staying." he said.

"Oh I see." I replied.

"By the way how is Hanbin doing?" I asked because I'm very curious.

"Oh I'm sorry but we haven't talked recently because he has a very tight schedule these days and I'm on a vacation but we're also filming for a summer package coming soon." he said.

"Oh it's ok. I understand." I replied.

"You guys are here for a summer package. So did they allowed you to come here? I mean I live in an isolated island in Jeju, they should be worried but you only come alone, not even with your manager." I asked.

"Well I asked them if I can visit you just for a couple of minutes, they didn't allowed me at first but fortunately they allowed me. My manager is with me but he's in the van." he answered.

He glance at his clock and told me he should leave.

"I have to leave now. It's very nice talking to you today. I hope you stay safe as always. Please take care of yourself. And when I come back, don't call me Mino, call me big bro." he smiled and then hugged me.

"Yes, I will take care of myself BIG BRO. " I made sure he heard me say big bro to him.

"Bye! See you next time!" he said.

"Byeeeeeee!" I said.

And now I'm home alone again.

I know you're wondering why I know Mino. Well, I met him on a famous coffee shop in Jeju 5 years ago.

•FLASHBACK•

I was just drinking my hot coffee in peace, when I suddenly saw Mino from Winner. Omg I'm a fan! I quickly stood up to go ask if he can take a picture with me.

"Hi um... I'm a fan. Can I take a picture?" I asked in nervousness and also I'm low-key so happy right now.

"Uh yeah." he said.

I was about to walk away but he suddenly called me.

"Wait. What's your name?" he asked. I don't know why he asked but I'm going crazy!!!

"Uh.. I'm y/n." I answered.

"Y/n?" he asked again.

"Yeah." I answered, again.

"You're Hanbin's childhood friend, right?" he asked.

"Yeah." I answered. I don't know how he knows but ahhhhhh I'm so happy.

"Sit down." he said. So I did.

"Hanbin used to tell me a lot about you when we were trainees. He kept showing me your pictures. But he suddenly stopped talking about you." he said.

"Whaaaaattt?!! can you please tell him that I miss him?" I asked him a favor.

"Sure!" he agreed. YAY.

"By the way can I get your number so that we can still talk?" he asked.

"Sure!" we then exchanged our numbers.

•END OF FLASHBACK•

So that's how we met. Pretty crazy, right? I know my life is kinda weird. I'm surrounded with celebrity friends but I'm an unsuccessful human being, literally far from being an idol.