Chapter 8: News

HANBIN POV

It's finally break time after we practiced so hard. All the members went outside to do the stuff they want to do but I stayed in the practice room and decided to text y/n. I mean what could go wrong, right?

I texted her luckily she responded. We had an interesting conversation and unfortunately break time was over so that means we have to go back to practice. But before we started practicing she told me she would cook me Kimchi Fried Rice. OMG YAY. That's like the best dish her mom used to give me. Time passed, the practice was over and I received y/n's package I mean the food she made for me. I opened it and ate a spoonful of it. My mouth was like in heaven. It was so good. It taste exactly like how her mom make this. So I grabbed my phone and texted her how good it is. She was happy about it.

Suddenly Jinwhan and Yunhyeong hyung came to me and started eating the food y/n gave me.

"Wow this is so yummy." Jinwhan hyung stated as he continued eating.

"I know right."

"Who made this?" Yunhyeong hyung asked.

"Y/n."

"Who?" he asked again, he was too busy eating that's why he's not really focused about what I said.

"I said y/n. My childhood bestfriend."

"Ohh."

*The Next Day*

I'm free today, we don't have any schedule. Since I'm awake and I miss her. Well I technically miss her everyday. I just want to see her, talk to her like the old times. Wait, I have an idea!

I texted her if we could hang out today and luckily she agreed. So we planned to meet at the same candy shop where we bumped into each other. Time passed, I dress up and told my manager where I was going.

"I'm going to the candy shop in Hongdae." I stated.

"With who?"

"With my childhood best friend."

"What's her/his name?"

"She's a girl, her name is Park Y/n. We haven't seen each other since we were young. I think it has been nine years."

"You can't go."

"What? Why?"

"I asked Mr. Yang Hyungsuk. He said it's too risky. Because people might assume that you two are dating. We can't let that happen."

"Well they can just tell the world we're just friends."

"But don't you get it. Once they assume you two are dating they'll put it on the news. So then YG will tell the public that you two are just friends. But the media won't stop bugging you when that dating news is gonna start. They'll dig deeper into your life. Your friend, y/n's life would be ruined. Since for sure the media would bug her too."

"Okay, okay. I get it. It will ruin our lives. But what if I'll wear something that'll cover my face."

"Nope. It will be more suspicious if you cover."

"Ugh. Can I please just go see her? Even just an hour. Please!"

"F-fine. Just put on a mask or anything that you can cover yourself. And you should bring a member with you in case someone will identify you."

"Ok! Thanks. Just text me when will we get back."

I got inside our dorm and put my mask and a beanie on. The other members are doing something else and Bobby was just playing games. So I decided to tag him along. After a while, we finally arrived at the candy shop in Hongdae. As I opened the door I saw y/n, who had fallen asleep while she was waiting for me. So I shook her shoulder to wake her and she got a bit startled, she probably didn't expect me to bring Bobby or to wear a lot of stuff on my face. So I explained everything to her. All three of us just talked and talked and getting to know each other better. But unfortunately my manager told us that we have to go. Bobby left me and y/n inside. So I had a chance to talk to her privately. Before I got out we hugged. It was something I wanted to do. I then went back to our dorm.

After a tiring day, I decided to take a nap. Suddenly someone shooked my shoulder so hard.

"Ouch. What do you want?" I said with a husky voice.

"The NEWS!" Bobby said.

"You want the news??"

"No, I meant look at the news."

"Later, I'm still really sleepy."

"Hanbin-ah the news is about you and y/n."

"Wh-hat!?" I stuttered. Hundred different scenarios played in my head. What could it be about?

I looked at the news and I was shock.

'A picture of a girl and a boy hugging isn't a big deal, right? But it isn't just normal people. It's Kim Hanbin from iKON and a non-celebrity girl, hugging. Are they in a relationship? We don't know but let's ask the opinion of the girl who sent us this picture.'

'Hmm.. I think their dating. I'm an iKONIC and I saw them talking with full of love in their eyes at the candy shop in Hongdae.'

'Wow did she just exposed where they went to.'

"Man this is not good." I stated.

"And it's all my fault." I added.

"Hey it's not your fault. It's no one's fault. Don't worry, Mr. Yang Hyungsuk will announce that you guys are just friends. All the media said was lies." Bobby comforted me.

"I know. But just like what our manager said to me. He said that the media will bug us because they want our opinions. And y/n is just 19 and she's going back to school next week. It will probably be hard for her to focus on the classes because of the media."

"Well let's just hope that not gonna happen."

*The Next Day*

Mr. Yang Hyungsuk, the CEO of YG Entertainment, already announced to the public that me and y/n are just friends. But since the news broke out, I got tons of messages from fans, asking me what's her name and basically who is she. I can't answer their questions because I respect y/n's privacy. Since yesterday, I feel always worried about her. Gosh. I just want her safe and happy. I just want her to feel comfortable around me like the old times. But I guess our friendship like before won't work now. I wish I could go back in time. That time where we were still free from stress and problems. All we did was play and be happy. I started reminiscing the days when we used to play in the rain.

('~' means flashback)

~"Eomma can I go outside?" I asked.

"No, because you might get sick and you can't get sick because it's your 10th birthday tomorrow."

"Just for a couple of minutes."

"No."

"Please. Please. Please."

"Nope."

"Please. Please. Please. Please. Please."

"Fine. But wear your raincoat."

"I will."

I wore my raincoat and went outside. I didn't wanna have fun alone, I wanna have fun with someone. So I ran across the streets towards y/n's house. I knocked on her door a few times and finally someone opened it.

"Oh hi Hanbin. What are you doing here?" Y/n's mom asked.

"Can y/n go outside and play with me?"

"Haha sure. But don't stay out too long."

Y/n wore a raincoat too. She was pretty. Y/n and I had so much fun playing in the rain. But unfortunately, we have to go back home.~

"Hey, Hanbin. Hello?" Bobby snapped me out.

"Are you ok?" he asked.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm ok. Just reminiscing the old days." I answered.