Sleep Talk [Demoman x Reader, Fluff]

Demo got a bit too drunk... and it's your duty this time to take care of him. He had a couple of things to say to ya in his sleep.

1136 words.

~x~

Tavish drunkenly stumbled into the main room. He seemed slightly more out of it than usual. Right now he could only speak in unintelligible Scottish rambles and burps... but that's just one of the phases of his drunk side. You sighed internally... if he got too drunk today it would be your turn to take care of him. You obviously didn't mind, but it was a bit tedious having to deal with him awake. One moment he could be angrily ranting about the other team's members, then the next he could be sobbing into your shirt about being a "one-eyed bloody monster."

You watched as he took another lengthy chug of his scrumpy, scratching at the back of your head. Was something bugging him? Or did he just feel like drinking more than usual? You didn't know... but you definitely cared. It was like him to drink a lot.. but unlike him to drink this much.

Your thoughts were soon interrupted by a loud belch, more incoherent rambles, and a thud. Yup.. he's gone unconscious again.

"Where is he now?" you sighed, searching for the drunken Scot. Scout pointed to the hallway leading to the bedrooms.

"Cyclops went dat way, he's prolly passed out in the middle of it." he shrugged. You nodded, letting out a small 'thanks' before walking into the hallway.

And before you knew it, there he was, face first on the ground. But he wasn't fully asleep.. you still heard tiny mumbles as he switched from voice to snoring. You stood up straight, stretching your back for a bit because you knew this was gonna be a long process. Slowly and steadily, you picked Tavish up and began walking to his room. All while he rambled on about not having to be carried and small threats that he swore to fulfill if you just pampered him like a baby.

"Tavish, I'm not gonna treat you like a baby." you attempted to reason with the man, earning a light punch to the cheek with a barely-clenched hand.

"Yer gunna make me feel like one!" he protested as you entered his room. It was fairly clean, which was surprising to say the least, except for his untidy bed.

"Quiet down, just relax." you sighed, setting him on his bed as you went to get a bottle of water. You came back with water and a couple more supplies, seeing Tavish already passed out again on the bed. Fully this time. A soft sigh escaped your lips, just then realizing that you'll still have to deal with him when he wakes up. You looked too Tavish... he looked so peaceful. So... so peaceful.. it almost made you want to sleep next to him.

What the hell are you thinking?

No no no no, do it! Sleep next to himmmm!

What?! No! Be more like me and think about this rationally!

Bro, I AM you.

The little debate in your mind subsided and you had come to a conclusion.

You set the items down on the bedside table and scooted closer to the sleeping man, carefully making your way down to lay by him. You got comfy in your spot, gently wrapping your arms around Tavish's waist. Yawning softly, you felt this pant of.. security. You felt safer next to him.. much warmer, and definitely happier. Being close to Tavish alone could make you feel like you were at your best moment, a smile immediately being put on your face when he laughs or spits one liners to the other team. However, your thoughts were interrupted by another pair of arms wrapping around your waist.

Tavish was holding you now, making your body warmer and more relaxed. Your face grew a darkish pink, your body tending slightly.

"Nnng.. Aye luv yeh.." Tavish spoke in his sleep. What..?

"Aye've.. always luved yeh.. Yar pretty.. face n.. bodeh.."

"T-Tavish..?" You looked up at him. No response, except for more blubbering.

"(Y/N)... be mine forever.. ey, lassie..?" He snorted slightly, before stopping the sleep talking.

You on the other hand, were now restless. Tavish really loved you back..? The thought made you smile wide, hugging him tighter. A bit.. too tight.

"hhHN—" Tavish grunted lightly, and blinked his eye open, looking down at you. His face immediately turned a dark crimson.

"(Y-Y/N)? What're yeh doin' in me room?" He asked, already not remembering what happened earlier.

"I-I uh.." you pulled away, rubbing your arm. "It was my duty to take care of you today. S-So I brought you here myself."

"And why were ya just hugging me?"

"I-I was cold.." you half-lied.

"Well get back over here if yer cold, lass." He opened his arms again, urging you to come back.

"O-Only if you tell me the truth.." you blushed. He cocked an eyebrow up at you, a bit concerned.

"Do you really love me? You said it in your sleep while I was.. h-hugging you."

"Buhhhh.. A-Aye did whut?" He went even redder, his eye widening.

"You heard me, Tavish.. you confessed in your sleep."

"Bloody hell.. Aye didn't expect it ta come out this way." He sighed, scratching the back of his head. "Well.. no going back now. Aye do love yeh, (Y/N). Ever since yeh gave me that first hug when aye was blackout drunk, aye fell harder than aye ever have for a person." He sighed.

Your mind went blank as you tried to focus on what he had just said. Was this real? Were you having some cruel dream? You reached down and pinched your arm, yup. Not a dream. Definitely real.

"T.. Tavish.. You.. You really mean that?" you blushed, eyebrows knitting together hopefully.

"Y-Yeah.. It's fine if yeh don't like me back, I whus juss-" he jolted in surprise, being cut off by you giving him a tight hug. "L-Lass..?"

"I love you too, Tav.. I've always admired you. From your looks, hilarious antics and overall personality.. You're amazing." you spoke softly, leaning up to look him in the eye.

Tavish smiled warmly, and before you could spout another word, he took your cheek and pressed a gentle kiss. You soft lips gently danced with his plump ones, a kiss to definitely be remembered and cherished. It set fireworks off in your heart, how this man was so good with smooches.

Soon you two had to pull away for air, softly panting. You giggled, kissing his cheek.

"God, I love you Tavish.."

"Aye luv yeh too, (Y/N). Heh.. Me little bunny." he smiled, holding you close before the two of you crashed in his bed for the rest of the night.