Chapter 4

The bell rang gracefully throughout the building. Halls flooded with life, and I didn't want to bother Zara and her girlfriend in their touching moment. My mood had been brought down but my face remained the cold and unfeeling expression it usually was.
     It was time to either wander the town for hours on end or just suck it up and go home, but I just wanted to take a nap on the river side. Deciding to do that I headed towards the back doors of the school, where the smokers usually would lurk silently.

     I didn't bother with my locker since all was in it was my gym bag and an empty water bottle. The heavy door was always annoying to push open, but outside was worse with annoying me, all the smoker kids staring daggers. Their eyes followed my every move, it pissed me off so much, but nothing I could do about really.
     The chilled air nipped at my skin as the gravel under my feet created the loudest noise imaginable as I dragged my feet across it. Walking towards the TRCC was no issue until a shout in the distance brought me back to life from my imagination and internal thoughts. It was his stupid voice again.

     Fucking Ross, expect it was him and his goons this time. It was Ross with Nick and Brett, two clowns with the ring master.

     "Hey shooter!" I think it was Brett trying to grab my attention as I had my back turned from them.

     "Yeah dumbass turn around," Nick sneered at me, Ross exchanged no words to me when I turned around to face them, taking my sweet time.

     "What do you clowns want?" I was able to maintain my monotoned voice that was hiding the part of me that was about to lose my shit. Kids around us started to stare and whisper amongst themselves, it was the smoker kids and others who were just trying to get to their cars who started to gather, that only gave Ross and his clowns a feeling of power.

     "You aren't shit without your sluts or gay boarder hopper you know?" Ross said in his 'in a matter of fact' tone, it was more fuel to my anger that was growing rapidly.
     My feet reacted for me and spun my body around to continue my walk home, trying to ignore the ones behind me. Before I could take more than two steps, a blunt force hit me on my back and the rock hit the gravel with a thud then silence. A heard some chuckles behind me as I stumbles forwards, the pain fresh but fading from my back, only rage filled my very being.

     Spinning around I saw who had hit me, it was Nick, but before he could do anything else besides laugh like how clowns do, my curled fist had hit him hard in the jaw as I socked him. I took advantage of him being in a daze with another blow to his right eye. That brought him down easy. My overgrown green eyes were wide and glaring death daggers at the remaining two.
     The high schoolers that were outside were now surrounding us and cheering or mocking. They didn't matter as long as they didn't get involved with what am about to do. At this point my body acted on it's own, bringing my arms into a defensive position as Brett charged at me.
     I was able to block his left cross punch, but his right hook caught me by surprise and made contact to my nose. The gush of a warm liquid hit me faster than the pain, making me almost fall to my knee, but only stumbling back a few feet. Blood was pouring out of my nose, but before Brett could hit me again or gloat over his 'victory', I wiped my face with my hand; followed by my right jab making contact with his throat.

     He choked on his own saliva while holding his poor throat, but he had retreated to who knows where, probably to avoid getting caught in a fight from the school. Simply being a pussy in other words. Something me and Garrison were never scared or even fazed by.

     "Honestly you poor fucking faggots have no idea how to fight, but talk so much.. shit," I had to regain my steadiness at the end of that sentence causing me to lose some breath. Ross had no reaction hiding within his eyes, just.. nothing. It made me shiver almost.. fucking almost.