A Broken Road- 1

"Please?!" Anna begged in my ear.

I grinned and impulsively said, "Let's do it."

She let out a high pitched laugh, "Good, it's about time!"

Anna was my best friend and she always won debates. For example, just seconds ago, Anna convinced me to go to a party. I always thought that parties in movies weren't how they were in real life, and that most real gatherings are just friends hanging out having a good time together and maybe sneaking into their parents liquor cabinet.

But the parties that Anna likes to go to are exactly like the ones I've seen in movies. Alcohol, sweaty and drunk crowds, thumping pop remixes, beer pong, everything. I, however, wasn't a fan. I'd rather stay home with a good art project instead of hanging out with smelly, drunk teenagers.

I slammed my locker shut and clutched my books to my side. "Yeah, yeah, yeah," I mumbled. "Be at my house by seven."

She nodded in agreement as we went separate ways down the school hallway and towards our next classes.

I find myself more agreeable to Anna's plan today just because I'm in a good mood. I feel really cute in my outfit- dark jeans, heeled boots that I'd stolen from my mother's closet, a white Bob Marley tee shirt, and an old leather jacket- and I even put effort into putting a little bit of makeup on and curling my long brown hair. I don't usually put that effort into my looks for school, but I'm just in a good mood today.

"Are you coming to the party tonight?" I heard a deep voice behind me as he wrapped his arm around me before I could make it to my class.

I smiled up at Ricky, my boyfriend of two years, and pecked him on the lips. "I hope not."

He returned my smile, revealing the small dimples at the corners of his mouth. "Do you want me to pick you up?"

"I'm going with Anna, if I can't talk her out of it. But I'll see you on Monday, okay?" I asked as we came to the door to my next class.

He leaned down and kissed my cheek. "You got it, babe," he said before retracting his arm and walking back down the hallway. As he walked away from me, I took a moment to appreciate how hot he was, and how cute his butt looked as he rushed toward his next class. Once he turned the corner, I hurried into my classroom before the bell rang.

When it was time to go to the party, Anna had me dressed in a skin tight black dress that just barely covered my butt. One sleeve slithered all the way down to my wrist while the other shoulder was left bare. There was a triangular piece in the midsection missing, showing off a small bit of skin from my belly but hiding my belly ring. 

I looked eight years older than my age, and I absolutely regretted letting Anna pick out my outfit. I had no idea where she even bought this, or how she got it passed her parents. I did sometimes enjoy dressing up, but this dress was a bit too much for me. Luckily, I talked Anna into letting me wear the same black boots that I'd worn to school, and they're comfortable. So at least I had that.

My makeup was caked onto my face heavily, I was surprised my face could still breathe. I could basically feel the acne already boiling to the surface of my face from all of the chemicals rubbed all over my face. But even though I felt uncomfortable in this outfit, I had to admit that I looked pretty hot.

"See? You look good. I'm a genius," Anna said smugly as we checked each other out in my huge mirror. Anna's hair was long, straight, and blonde but right now, she had forced it into a side pony tail that draped over her bony shoulder. Her dress was just as skin tight as mine, only it was blue and no sleeves or midsection holes. Her black heels looked a lot less comfortable than mine.