14|Friends

Sana's P.O.V
It was the day after my movie date with Dahyun. I'm not entirely sure if it was a "date" so nevermind. I don't know what exactly that was so I'll just forget about it for now. I unfortunately have to get back to work now, even though I do quite like my job.

I was walking down the hall towards the main office so I could check in when I bumped into my coworker Irene, also looking like she was just about to check in.

"Hey Irene. How's it going?" She looked at me hesitantly before responding.

She sighed and looked down. "Not so well, I got in a fight with Seulgi last night. She left at night and she hasn't been back. I'm worried, it's not like her to just leave like that. We always try to work things out the next day." You could see the tears forming in Irene's eyes.

Here's the thing about Irene. She looks and acts like a really tough person but she is one of the most sensitive people I know. Especially when it comes to her girlfriend Seulgi. They have been together for some years now and have just started talking about getting married. It would be heartbreaking if they broke it off.

"Have you tried calling, texting, not just her but her friends?"

"Of course, I even called her cousins asking if they've seen her. No one knows where she is." She said as she started silently sobbing.

I reached for her. I should try to provide some comfort. "How about this. Try to forget about it while we're here at work and maybe during the time being, she'll show up. I know Seulgi and I know for a fact that she would never leave out of the blue like that."

This made her calm down a bit as I felt her sobbing slow down. "Yeah, that sounds good but I can't promise you that I won't be checking my phone every second."

"If you want, after work we should catch up. Maybe go to a cafe and afterwards we should go do some shopping." Irene nodded as she checked in.

"I highly appreciate it Sana. Even though we might not be the closest friends you always manage to make everyone feel so appreciated."

"Don't worry about it Irene. That's what friends are for. Now let's get to work before Momo comes in. You know how she can get all bossy sometimes."

Dahyun's P.O.V

"Seulgi, how long are you going to keep this up?"

"I understand you're mad but I know Irene has to be worried. You can't stay mad at each other forever, you guys love each other?!"

"Yeah well...maybe we don't." I was taken aback

"What?! What do you mean? Seulgi, what exactly happened last night?" Seulgi looked down.

"Nothing...I just feel like we've been fighting alot more and she just probably doesn't love me anymore. I love her more everyday but I'm starting to feel like it might not be the same for her." She said as a small tear rolled down her cheek.

"Seulgi. You guys have been together for a long time and I have never seen you have a fight this bad. It just shows that every couple has a rough patch throughout their relationship. It was a matter of time before you had a rock you stumble upon in your relationship as well. I'm sure Irene still loves you just the same but in order for you to be happy you have to trust that she does." I honestly don't know what else to say. Me of all people shouldn't be giving this type of advice, not when not even I could follow it.

"I guess you're right. I'll give it a few hours before I call her but in the meantime I have to do something to get settled." Seulgi said as her face showed a much brighter demeanor.

"Let's go out. I don't have another meeting for another few hours. I need some new suits so let's get some coffee and head over to the mall. If you're down with that." I told her.

"Perfect." She smiled.

Sana's P.O.V

"All right Irene, today is your day so let's go pick out some outfits for you."

"Okay Sana, but I'm telling you right now. I'm kind of a picky shopper." Irene chuckled.

"It's okay, so am I, so no need to worry. I'll make sure to choose the best."

A few hours passed by and we were on our way to get some food from the food court. When Irene said she was a picky shopper she sure wasn't kidding. We shopped for 3 hours and managed to find only 3 outfits. Not that I'm complaining, I needed to do something like this. It was like a stress reliever.

We were going up the escalator when I heard someone get up behind us. Once that person spoke up I automatically knew who it was. What I wasn't expecting was to hear someone else speak back and that was no one other than Irene's girlfriend who she's currently in an argument with. Luckily, Irene was to entranced in her phone to recognize the voice.

If Irene sees her it can go one of two ways. She can either see her and want to work it out or see her and want to strangle her. My bet is on the second one.

We were finally getting off the escalator when I felt someone slightly pull me back from my shoulder.

"Lucas?! What are you doing here?!"

~~~~~
Ooh plot twist. Don't worry, I'm going to try and update more now that I'm on break. Thanks for reading. Make sure to leave any thoughts or ideas you would like to see. <3