1

+

+

Harper and her mother stood infront of the now empty house, they were each holding a box and they weere infront of a moving van.
"i would say im gonna miss this place, but im really not" harper sighs then chuckles slightly
her mum lets out a laugh as well "honestly same"
the two females made their way into the moving van, their nerves were high, but it was more excitement and adrenaline.

they were settled into their house quicker than expected, and before they knew it, the sun had disappeared and tiredness was filling the mother and daughter. before they knew it, they were already asleep in their new-old house

꧁꧂

harper laid across the couch, whist her legs dangled off of the edge, her mum sat on an armchair scrolling on her phone. there were boxes everywhere and nothing was unpacked except essentials, like the couches, a small coffee table and the fridge-freezer which was packed with ready meals and frozen pizza.

harper sat up and gasped with excitement

"Jesus what?" her mother exclaimed
"I have an idea!" the girl practically yelled
"okay but next time don't give me a heart attack!"
"sorry mom, but you're going to love this, we should go to Scott and Mellissa house"
her mum sat up and gasped slightly "that is an amazing idea! grab your coat we are going now!"

harper had a strong bond with her mom, there were more like sisters and they were similar, so when harper wanted to do something - within reason of course - her mother would most likely be on board.

the two rushed around with excitement, they remembered where the McCall house was, so they would walk. but with all the rush of adrenaline as the two would see their all time best friends, they ran into each other and bumped heads. they laughed even more, and then sat up, left the house and walked to scott and mellissa house.

"do you think they still live there?" harper turns to her mom
"i'm pretty sure they do. i still have mellisa on facebook and i havent seen anything about her moving"
"yeah that's true. i still have scott on instagram" 
she nodded and carried on walking.

they turned into the familiar road and walked down until they saw the McCall residence. nothing had changed too much.

harper raised her hand to knock on the door, but hesitated and bought her hand back down. she turned to her mum
"i can't do it. i'm too nervous" she smiled nervously
"i'll do it" her mum chuckled and knocked on the door, three times.

they waited for what felt like a life time, but it was probably only a maximum of 30 seconds.

the door swung open and a woman in her late 30's stood there, she had dark curly hair which was thrown up into a messy bun, she was in hospital scrubs.
"hi-" the woman paused and gasped, her eyes immediately teared up
"michelle?" she ran towards her former best friend and engulfed her in a hug.
she stuttered and started asking questions
"w-when? when did you come back?" she asked with excitement in her voice.
"only yesterday, harper wanted to come see scott" her mom answered, smiling as bright as ever.
mellisa turned to the teenager and hugged her too, it was softer and less aggressive.
"hi Ms. McCall"
"Harper, i have literally known you since you were born. call me Melissa. please" they both laughed slightly and harper nodded.