16

⌫

stiles always fell for girls who never liked him back. it was almost like a curse.

well he's only really like two girls in his life.

it started off with Lydia Martin. the pretty girl who caught stiles' eye in the third grade. then that lasted what? 7 years?

and stiles always thought that it would be her, forever. that they would eventually get together, have kids, get married, etc, etc.

but then he met her, and everything changed. it wasn't love at first sight, it was like every time he was with her, his liking for her grew more and more.

then that night when she turned up at his house. he finally realised. he was completely and madly in love with Harper Jones.
but stiles had convinced himself it was like Lydia, she would never like him back.

and even if they couldn't be together, stiles didn't mind that much. because they were basically best friends. maybe a friendship would be better?

he had this battle with himself everyday on whether he should tell her, but he didn't want to put her life in danger. so he never did. and he never would.

void taunted him about it whenever he could, stiles hated hearing him talk about her. and he couldn't even block out the voice, because it was all inside his head.

harper sat at the bottom of her stairs, in-front of her door, waiting for the sound of stiles knocking. she was practicing how she would tell him
"hey stiles i think i'm in love with you"
no, that's too straight fowards

"sup stiles i have a crush on you" sup?? crush?? that's a word you use when you find a boy attractive in middle school
"hey stiles-" harper literally jumped out of her skin when a knock sounded at the door.

she stood up, cracked her neck and shook her whole body
"you can do this" she whispered to herself.

with a smile on her face, harper swung the door open and was taking back by stiles' appearance.

he didn't look any different than he usually did, but something felt different when she looked at him now.

the thing that stood out to her was his eyes. of course they always stood out, they were just special today. they made him look so innocent and adorable, like a puppy.

at the angle he was standing, the sun shone on his face and revealed the naturally golden colour of them, and the darker specs that were scattered there too.