CHAPTER 8: Rodster

I was running late! I was supposed to be meeting Camryn at the library an hour after school because I needed to ask my boss if I could start a later shift tonight and she even had taken the day off for work, Mick had told me, to make sure that we got a jump start on our project. I feel like a dick though because I'm almost two hours late.

The reason why I was though was because my boss wanted me to prepare a few dishes and I couldn't get out of it, before he finally let me go.

After eventually pulling into the parking lot, I hurry to get out and start to make my way inside and stop to catch my breath as soon as I see her sitting there at one of the long tables at the far end where nobody else is sitting at and looks to be reading a book and taking some notes.

I start to make my way down there and take in a breath then let it out before I take a seat across from her. She looks up and seems to look upset.

"Hey, I'm sorry I'm late. My bos....." I started but she stopped me.

"I don't have much more time before I have to go home. So let's just start." She says sounding upset.

Well that was rude of her. Then again if she doesn't want to know the reason then fine but she ain't got to be a bitch about it. What's wrong with her?

After a few moments of her handing me a book and seeing what we are doing our project on, I realize that she had every right to cut me off and not want to hear my excuse. It's my fault that she is going to be late home and not to mention that she took away a night's pay so she could meet me here.

"Listen...For...." I started but her phone started vibrating on the table and she quickly grabbed it and then looked at the phone and suddenly looked panicked.

"Oh god." She says under her breath before hurrying in trying to put all her things into her bag. "I have to go." She says.

"Okay, I can take you." I tell her.

"It's okay. I have somebody picking me up." She says.

Then before I could get another word in, she started to make her way out of the library, dropping her phone.

I hurry and put my things in my backpack then start running after her to give her her phone and when I finally get outside I stop as soon as I see her talking with some guy. Who the fuck is this douche bag?

The guy then looks over and see's me. I try and hold in my jealousy and anger before stomping up towards her and handing her her phone back.

"Here!" Is all I tell her as she turns around briefly and I place it in her hand before making my way back to my car then peeling out the parking lot.

Why am I even fucking jealous?! We are just partners for a stupid project for fucksake! My god, I need to get my mind off of her.

***************
A Few Days Later.....

It's been a few days now and today, I noticed that it was Camryn's birthday.

She seemed to have dressed up a little more than usual and even had done her hair and make up. She looked amazing. It was hard not to look at her.

After school, her and I had agreed to meet after school for just an hour or two before we went home or to work. Although she still had no clue where I worked at.

It was hard to concentrate on the project when she was sitting just a couple feet away from me and her sweet smelling scent invaded my nostrils and her long hair was beautifully styled with waves and that dress...

Suddenly my concentration gets interrupted when I see she's packing up her things.

"Oh, it's that time already?" I try and joke.

"Yeah." She replies. "Sorry, I have to leave." She smiles a little.

"Want me to drive you?" I offered.

"No thanks." She replies.

That's when I start to remember that she has her little boyfriend picking her up. So I start packing up my things trying to hide the  anger.

"See ya." I start telling her.

"Wait, do you want to meet somewhere else tomorrow?" She asks.

"Like where?" I asked.

"I don't know. Maybe the park?" She asks.

"Too many distractions." I snapped at her and then made a suggestion I hadn't realized what it was until after the words left my mouth already.

"Let's go to my place."

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)