CHAPTER 16: Rodster

Something was obviously wrong with her step brother and their relationship so that's one of the big reasons in why I suggested to do work at her house last night so that way, I could either catch him hurting her or hopefully see that she is telling me the truth in the fact that Davis isn't hurting her.

Also, I get the feeling she feels safer when I'm with her in general.

So I came over and it seemed as though Davis was fine with us studying as long as we did it downstairs and not in her bedroom. Which I can understand that.
So, so far so good.

After being here for a couple of hours, I haven't seen Davis be the big asshole that I thought he was or suspected he was with her. Maybe he's putting on a show or just being an over protective stepbrother. Which I would too.

Five hours later and we were finished. We have finally finished our project and still had some time left before having to turn it into the teacher.

In a way though, I am a little upset because this meant that I wouldn't be seeing her after school as much. Or maybe.....

"Are you hungry?" I hear her ask me.

I look over at her and smile.

"Yeah. Starving actually." I replied while returning the smile.

"What sounds good?" She asks me.

In that moment I stop and look at her wanting nothing more than to kiss her, but I knew with my luck, Davis would come popping out from his room and it might cause a fight. So I tried to resist.

"Sorry." I shook my head and came back to the moment. "Um, how about barbecue?" I suggested.

"Mmmm.....I haven't had good barbecue in a long time. But the only thing is, we don't have the stuff here." She says.

"We can go to the store and grab the stuff." I suggested.

"Okay. I'll just let Davis know and see what he wants." She says.

Well it's good to see that she is eating meat or real food again.

She's gone for not too long before she comes walking out and grabs her purse and sweater then we start to head to the store.

While on our way there, I wanted to say something to her. I feel almost like I did back when I first met her and I feel as though it's getting harder and harder.

We pulled up to the store and after grabbing a cart, I offered to push it and while walking up and down the aisles, we grabbed a few Ribeyes, seasonings and some things for side dishes and then went to check out.

It was nice hanging out with her and even going grocery shopping. I like it too that she isn't like other girls that have to look at everything but what we are originally here to get.

While loading up the trunk of my car with the groceries, right before we get inside, I noticed a few of my friends and how one of them had their arm over Nailene's shoulders.

He can have her though, she means nothing to me anyways, I just honestly feel bad for him.

"Hey man." My best friend Kobey nods.

"Hey." I tell him.

"What's up?" He asks. "Why weren't you at the party last night?" He asks.

"I didn't feel like going." I shrugged.

"That's cool. That's cool." He nods and looks over at Camryn. He then looks at me with a raised eyebrow but then smiles.

"Yeah well, I'll hit you up later. I'm gonna grill some steak." I tell him then shake his hand and give him a bro hug.

"See ya later." He says. "See ya later....Camryn? Right?" He tells her.

She looks at him surprised he said anything. Wow, that has got to change.

"Yes. And okay." She smiles nervously while tucking a few strands of hair behind her ear then getting into the car.

We get in and as soon as I begin pulling out, I notice Nailene is trying to make me jealous by making out with my friend there as she looks at me out the corner of her eye.

Pathetic.....I swear.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)