CHAPTER 24: Rodster

The time went by so fast that I hadn't realized how fast until I heard about Prom tonight. I had offered to buy her dress and everything in the beginning, including for her to pamper herself but she said her stepdad was nice enough to give her some money.

I rented out a limo and my buddies all had chipped in also and had found some dates who were actually really nice girls. It seems like I had started a trend of some kind.

I couldn't wait to see what Camryn looked like as she didn't tell me about what kind of a dress she was wearing or how she was doing her hair and or make up but I knew that however she did either one, she'd look great no matter what.

All the guys were all ready to be picked up along with their dates and I of course wanted to get her first so I did.

I noticed that Davis was home as his car was in the driveway and it seemed like he had been doing great at being a much better stepbrother and hadn't seen any marks on her or even see her being scared of him like she was before.

After I knocked a couple of times on the front door, Davis answered and it seemed as though he was drinking with a couple of friends?

"Hey man!" He greeted me with a big smile.

"What's up?" I nodded.

"So you guys are going to prom huh?" He asks.

"Yep." I answered.

"Man, I remember mine." One of his friends slurred.

"I don't remember mine." Another friend of his chimed in.

"Right?" He replies laughing. "Well, hey man, remember not to try anything funny with her and I'll let you live." He states.

I knew he was serious and all but I'm sorry, I just couldn't take this dumb ass seriously. I mean, I could beat his ass even with both of my hands tied behind my back. He doesn't scare me.

"Yeah, don't worry." I tell him.

Then I look up and we all turn our heads and see Camryn come walking down the stairs in a very beautiful purple dress with her hair curled and off to the side with very little makeup but enough to make her eyes pop out more and she just.....she took my breath away.

"Wow..." I said.

"You look good too." She chuckled at me. "We have to get going." She tells Davis and he just ignores her while sitting in the living room with his friends.

We started to walk out and I heard her gasp loudly.

"Is this okay?" I asked trying not to laugh at how adorable her reaction was the moment she saw the limo.

"Oh my gosh. I can't believe you got us one. I have never been in one before." She smiles as we continue walking towards the limo and I open the door up for her to get in.

The moment she gets in and scoots over for me, she takes a look around and reminds me of how a kid would react. It's beyond adorable.

We went to pick everybody else up and everything seemed to be going really good.

Not too long after we arrived, we first got our picture taken with each other and then headed into the huge conference room where they throw huge parties and events here at the biggest hotel in town.

We danced, drank some punch, laughed and all were having a great time. Even Nailene seemed to be leaving us alone. Despite her glares at us throughout most of the night but we didn't care.

I excused myself to use the bathroom for a few moments and after washing my hands, I looked in the mirror real quick to fix a few out of place strands of my gelled hair and used my fingers to comb them back.

The moment I started to dry my hands, I saw in the mirror, the guy that Nailene brought with her.

"Hey man." The guy says as he starts washing his hands.

"Hey." I reply then throw the paper towels I had just used into the trash can.

"You're Rodster right?" He asks.

I stop before reaching the door and turn back around to look at him.

"Yeah?" I said.

"So you and that fat girl huh? Really? Did you lose a bet or something?" He asks with a wink and then dries his hands.

"What did you say?" I ask him.

"Look bro, I've got friends that are chubby chasers and are into those big girls but damn, how can you stand it?" He continues.

That was it. I was livid.

"You better watch your fucking mouth." I warned him through clenched teeth while getting in his face.

"And what are you going to do about huh? I mean you can't lie and not think about how great it is to sleep with the richest man in this town's stepdaughter. Does she give great head? According to her stepbrother, she is GREAT!" The guy then grins.

I lost it. All I saw at that point was red. What the fuck is wrong with people these days?! Also, how the fuck does he know Davis?!?

I shoved him hard up against the wall near the mirror as he grabbed me by the collar and we began throwing punches at each other although I had gotten in more hits than him.

"DON'T YOU EVER FUCKING TALK ABOUT HER THAT WAY!" I yelled at him.

We ended up pushing one another out the bathroom door and I kicked him onto the ground, grabbed him by the collar and stood over him while continuing punching him as hard as I could.

Then a moment later I suddenly heard people shouting as they pulled out their phones to record then felt myself being yanked off of him and struggled to be held back.

"Calm down! Calm down bro!" I heard one of my best friends tell me.

The guy was groaning in pain while bleeding from his mouth and nose as he held his stomach and rocked back and forth on the ground.

Next I looked over and saw Camryn standing there surprised and all I could do was hold her. So I walked up to her and held her tightly ignoring any physical pain I was feeling at the moment and she held me back as well.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)