01

"You are going to look so hot in this when we go out tonight," Jasmine exclaimed as she pulled a skimpy black body-con dress off the rack.

"I want something more wild, ya know. Something that isn't black. I want to feel crazy." Jessica rambled in response to her friend."

"Oh of course you do. You never take any of my suggestions." Jasmine huffed and followed with a light chuckle.

"What do you think Em?" Jasmine asked the third member of the party.

Emily was off in her own little world as the three of them shopped. Emily wasn't one for shopping, she much rather preferred staying home and finding something online. She also was a quiet girl, not big into small talk. Emily kept to herself most of the time and only found small bursts of being an extrovert every once in a blue moon.

"Earth to Emily." Jasmine came up behind her, resting her chin on Emily's shoulder.

"Huh?" Emily turned around to meet the goofy smiles that Jessica and Jasmine were shooting at her.

"What do you think Jess should wear to the party tonight?" Jasmine asked for her opinion once again.

"Um, something that she wants to wear and not what you think she would look good in," Emily stated simply.

"Thank you." Jessica laughed as she ran off to find a dress.

"You never take my side." Jasmine joked as she went off to find something of her own to wear.

Emily wasn't a party type. She hated having to be around the large crowds of insanely intoxicated people. She hated having to get all dressed up only to be sweating and uncomfortable the moment she walked in the building because of the combination of everyone's body heat in an enclosed space. A party girl is the exact opposite of Emily.

The only reason she goes to them is that her close friends, Jasmine and Jessica, drag her to them. They say "she needs to live up her twenties and loosen up a little." Some might think that the grouping of these three girls is strange and well, they would be correct. The similarities that Emily has to the other two are minuscule while the differences are much more prevalent, yet somehow they complement one another. Without any one of the girls, they wouldn't be who they are today. Emily finds few connections with people, so when she gets them, she keeps them and doesn't plan on letting them go. Plus, Jasmine and Jessica need a designated driver so it's a win for everyone.

"What are you going to wear to the party?" Jessica asked Emily as she found her within the racks of clothes.

"I don't know. I don't even want to go to this thing so why does it matter anyway?" Emily said flatly as she pushed the hangers along the rack.

Emily is very upfront with her words. She says exactly what is on her mind, especially with those who she is close. She has no problem saying the truth, even if it is harsh.

"Come on Em, lighten up. We always have fun at parties." Jessica pleaded.

"Correction: you and Jaz have fun. I go along so y'all don't end up with some lackey or dead in a car accident." Emily replied sassily, looking Jess dead in the eyes.

Jessica was stunned at the correction Emily had made.

"And stop calling it a party, it's just the club," Emily added.

"Emily. You need to take a nap. You're getting cranky." Jasmine entered the conversation.

"Oh shush."

"Hurry up and pick something out. I'm starving and need food." Jasmine said in a rushed manner.

"I'll just find something at home. It's almost like we come and get something new to wear to these stupid things every week." Emily said sarcastically, while she leads the girl to the registers.