Chapter 5 (Ending)

╔═══════════════╗

The Last Night

╚═══════════════╝

Ryujin worked to open her eyes in the morning. The first feeling of the day was lostness. Her heart felt empty, hollow. With Yuna back, her emotions got the best of her. She was in chaos. After all this time, she thought she was past Yuna, that she had moved on, but Yuna was right. There was a part of Yuna that still stayed with her. 

It didn't feel good. Ryujin thought of this like she used Heejin as a rebound, but deep down she knew that there was something meaningful between them. Heejin gave her one of the best experiences she's ever had. One that is the hardest to forget. 

To avoid these troubled thoughts she went to the kitchen to fetch some food for her grumbly stomach. She found her parents at the dining table.

"How are you feeling?" Her mother asked. She knew the struggle her daughter had to endure and it pained her to witness her struggle through that.

Ryujin didn't have it in her to answer. Her thoughts were plagued by the two choices in her head. 

Instead of pressing again, Ryujin's mother set her some food. Ryujin thanked her for her food and began eating. The family comfortably ate and sat together in silence as her parents wanted to give her some space. Though eventually Ryujin vented her head.

"..What should I do?" Ryujin only wanted answers. She wanted to rid herself of this dilemma, this confusion that felt like it haunted her. 

Her father took a deep breath before answering.

"The best first thing has always been to follow your heart." 

"But my heart is confused. I can't understand it. I don't understand myself!"

Ryujin's frustrations bursted like a wildfire. Her attitude showed at the dining table and her breath was unstable. She composed herself before apologizing for her behavior.

"I-I'm sorry.. I just--" 

She started to lose her anger and instead her confusion finally caught up and overtook her. Her voice was shaky and weak. 

"I don't know what to do anymore! I hate this feeling so much! I thought Yuna was gone and now she's back! She brought back this feeling I thought I left in the past! Heejin is probably thinking I'm stupid for even considering this situation! I just hate it!"

Ryujin slammed on the table harshly and prompted the tears to fall from her eyes. She was having a breakdown. 

Both Ryujin's parents' demeanors fell. It hurt to see their daughter so conflicted. Her mother sat beside Ryujin holding her. They let her cry it all out, she was probably reserving all this since the minute she saw Yuna. 

When Ryujin became calmer she leaned into her mother's shoulder. Her mom hugged her tight. 

"Maybe the best thing would be to think about each of them and write out how you feel. All of it. Then hopefully that'll sort out your feelings. After that, then it'd be best to see each of them and tell them what the result was. Who you want to stay with and who doesn't get that second chance."

Ryujin gave that idea some thought. It was probably the best thing to do at the moment. She wasn't getting any answers staying cooped up in her bed. She took the time to express her thoughts and feelings on paper for both Yuna and Heejin. She teared up thinking about the memories she's shared and she'll admit some meant more than others. When she was done, it was like her mom said, she thinks she knows what she wants now.