Exclusive Interview

My thoughts were becoming fuzzy. I was scared I was going to pass out. Joker must've taken notice because he squeezed me tight against him. I bolted awake, suddenly overly aware of our closeness.

"Wakey wakey, Y/N! Can't have you dozing off in class." The Joker giggled to himself. I stared back at him. Was there a safe response to anything he said? Would he kill me if he didn't like what I had to say? I decided it'd be safest to keep my mouth shut and just go along with whatever he said.

"Now... I uh, see you've taken some pictures of my little operation." Joker held my phone out for me to see as he scrolled through the  pictures I had taken of the vans and money. I gulped.

"You've got an eye! I'll give you that. But I think I can do better." He smirked at me and winked. Wait did he really just wink at me? Before I could have another thought he suddenly released me from his hold. I sank to the floor. I hadn't realized how much he had been supporting me. I immediately missed the warmth of him. I shook these thoughts from my head. I must really be in shock.

I watched as the Joker practically danced around the gym, taking pictures of the guns, ammo, and everything else. He giggled wildly and even took a few more selfies. He stopped and began flipping through the pictures as he made his way back to me.

"I'm telling you, sweetie, if this city didn't need me so badly I uh, could've been a photographer. Just look at these shots!" The Joker sat down next to me and proudly scrolled through the photos in my phone. They actually weren't that bad, but I was too lost to comment on them. Why was he doing this?

"Speechless, huh? No, no you're right. One more. Your turn!" The Joker gently handed the phone back to me. He took my hands and wrapped my fingers around the phone. I didn't resist.

He jumped back up to his feet and dusted the front of his purple suit off. He slicked his hair back with his hand while he smacked his lips and smiled.

"Gun!" Joker shouted and outstretched his hand. One of his many goons picked up a large rifle and tossed it to him. Joker then posed with the at his side.

"Which ones my good side, honey? This one? No. This one?" The Joker asked me as he turned his face side to side. I was in shock. Was he wanting me to take a picture of him? He tried a few more poses, mumbling to himself.

"Should I lose the jacket? No, jacket stays. Which pose is best? This one, this one, this one?" The Joker tried a few poses continuing to mumble nonsense to himself. The gun resting on his shoulder. The gun down at his side. Him holding the gun in the air. I'm pretty sure my mouth was hanging open. He seemed to be enjoying himself.

"Or this one." Joker darkly asked as he aimed the gun at me. I gasped. His eyes appear black. His voice just then was so different than his normally nasally one. It had been husky and low. I almost didn't hear him. This side of him was terrifying. I found myself yearning for the Joker that had playfully taken the other pictures. This Joker was serious. I could see his intent to kill me through his eyes. I froze beneath his look.

And just as soon as he has appeared he vanished as the Joker laughed and strolled over to me. He seemed more like himself now.

"You're right. We've got enough. Now then." Joker tossed the gun away to his goons.He reaches down and took my hands in his. His touch was still gentle. Still patient as he helped me to my feet.

"There's a good girl." He praised me in a sing song voice. I didn't realize it until now but I was shaking. Joker placed my phone in my hand and retrieved my purse. He helped me put it on my shoulder. I felt like a doll under his touch. I moved when he moved me with no mind for myself.

"Now my little helper, you're going to do something for me. Take this." Joker pointed to my phone and gave me a devilish grin. His scars stretched with his smile and I felt my stomach twist into knots.

"Take it and show it to the world!" He threw his hands out shook them wildly. His wild laugh echoed in the gym. I was floored. He wants me to show these to people? More importantly, he was going to let me go?

My instincts kicked into gear and I switched over to interview mode. I was no longer scared to speak. If he wanted me to show these to all of Gotham then there had to be a reason.

"Why?" I squeaked out. I guess I wasn't as fearless as I had thought, but I had found my voice. And I was going to get answers.

"Oh how I just love your uh, curiosity." Joker giggled as he pinched both my cheeks. I didn't flinch. I could feel myself getting braver.

"What message do you want to send to Gotham?" I asked. My voice was clear and louder. I was actually standing here in an abandoned high school interviewing the Joker. It couldn't get better than this.

"Oh I'm soooooo glad you asked!" Joker practically cheered as he squeezed my shoulders. He took a step back from me and clapped his rubber gloved hands together.

"What I uh, want to tell Gotham is that I'm here. I'm everywhere." Joker licked his lips while smiling at me.

"Everywhere? Are you referring to the simultaneous bank robberies you committed across the city?" I asked him curiously. Was there a method to his madness. I felt the need to get answers. Another opportunity like this wouldn't just come around.

"Bingo!" Joker gave me two thumbs up, smiling from ear to ear. He continued, "There's a new class of criminal now, dear. And I'm at the tipity top." Joker explained, pointing at the top of an imaginary chart next to him. He had to stifle his laughter.

"With your new position as the top villain of Gotham, does that make Batman as the savior of Gotham your rival?" I boldly asked him. You didn't get anywhere as a reporter if you were afraid to ask the burning questions. I saw anger flash across the Joker's face and for a moment I was scared I overstepped.

"Careful, Y/N. Don't. Test. Me." The Joker wagged his finger at me with emphasis to each word in his sentence. I carefully nodded and waited to see if he would continue.

"That flying rat doesn't scare me anymore than he does." The Joker pointed a finger at the corpse of the man who had once held me by the hair.

"Is it safe to say that's a threat to Batman himself?" I glanced at the body then back to the Joker. He slowly walked up to me until we were inches apart. My eyes carefully looked up to meet his. His dark brown eyes stared straight back at me. I held my gaze and stood taller. This caused me to move even closer to him. I could feel his breath against my lips. My breath caught in my throat as this heat between us grew.

"Yes." He whispered down to me, not breaking eye contact. His eyes started to soften. They lost that wild look. His eyes suddenly widened and he took a step back, almost looking shocked.

"Well then." Joker cleared his throat. "Run on back and uh, tell the world about me." He ran his fingers through his hair. I snapped back to my senses and just nodded.

"Take her back into the city." Joker ordered one of his men near him. The man nodded and started to approach me.

Joker grabbed him by the shirt and pulled the man back toward himself until they were face to face. "Don't touch her. Don't talk to her. Don't even look at her!" Joker growled to the man. The goon simply nodded. Joker released him and stormed out of the gym without another word.

I was now alone in the gym with large group of criminals. My bravery drained away quickly.

The goon approached but didn't look me in the eye. He motioned in the direction I'm assuming he wanted me to go. I followed his silent directions.

I left the school without an incident and the ride back into the heart of Gotham was long and quiet. The goon really did obey the Joker. Even if he were to say something to me now the Joker would never know. Despite this, the man still stayed loyal and followed Joker's orders. Even when we pulled to the curb in front of Gotham New Central, the man simply exited the van and walked around to open the door for me.

I hopped out and eyed him carefully. I knew if I screamed now it wouldn't do any good. Instead I decided to head straight into work. I didn't bother to watch the man leave. I had more important things to do.

I couldn't wait to see Henry's, my boss', face when I submitted this story. I couldn't wait to see Gotham's reaction! This was it. My story of a lifetime and it was all thanks to the Joker himself.

Author's Notes:
Thank you for reading!! <3