SOME *Door bangs open* BODY plz stop me from making more AUs

Okay so, sleepy thought? Like a shower thought except one you get before you fall asleep. Now ima explain it before I show the art so guys be prepared for eXacTly the same AU that I've been making since day one. Lol it's like I have a fic type or something.

Anywho.

The image in my brain is one of Bruce being trapped in a room (for some reason it's super white? DP sneaking into my DC AUs smh) with a very smol very angry murder bean. Very smol bean who may or may not totally be a smol Talon!Dick cuz I'm obsessed. It was (of course) angsty with a touch of fluff. I wasn't sure I wanted Bruce Batman tho, so I made it a semi-no-capes-AU, Bruce doesn't exactly dO vigilante things but he's still rich and got all that justice running through his veins. The Justice League is still a thing, aliens are totally a thing.

Bruce has been kidnapped by Bad Guys, not sure who yet, I'm debating between a type of Court of Owls (not the actual tho, I'll explain later) or League of Assassins. Point being, Bruce is in the hands of Bad Guys, Bad Guys who want info they know Bruce has about.

So torture ensues, of course Bruce says nothing, but part of their torture is being locked in the room with the bean. The bean is a monster of sorts, an alien that has shown nothing but violence towards literally anything and everything else. Tho sometimes it is chained against the walls while Bruce is not and vice versa. This leads to quite the weird relationship considering Bruce just sees a bean and the bean just sees an enemy.

Note I'm refraining from saying Dick here, cuz technically it doesn't have to be Dick, I'm actually on the fence about it. I could have this be a Bruce will all his kiddos already or it could be a young Bruce acquiring his first bean. Idk ngl it's not the most important detail but kinda is if I ever plan to actually write anything for this.

Anywho, so anytime the bean is not locked up he attacks Bruce, Bruce defends himself best he can without hurting the bean while he's stuck. But when it happens that Bruce is free and the bean is stuck the bean is scared of course, and Bruce being Bruce tries to be gentle and help him. Eventually it just so happens that both of them are free, but the bean had just gone through his own torture conditioning (cuz hey this weirdo alien heals and does some wicked damage, BGs don't care about bean-ness, only power) and Bruce is all 'oh nO' and that's when they both are like 'ur my friend so ima help you'

Also debating weather or not the alien bean can eat, like if he just doesn't need it or he literally can't consume Earth food.

Anyway they eventually get rescued by the JL and as they're getting out all the aliens on the JL (mostly Wonder Woman— she was specifically in my head in this scene) is very cautious of the alien bean. Bruce is all like 'he's not so bad' and Diana is like 'Bruce that thing is a legit monster, their race attacks anything and everything, the closest translation Earth has for them is 'Talon'.'

If you hadn't guessed by now.

It's a wingfic.

SUE ME I LOVE BIRD BOIS

So the art, however, is nothing like the actual story, in fact the bean I drew is a lot older than the one I was thinking of for the AU. I also couldn't decide if I wanted him to be more Dick-like (blue+black) or Talon-like (brown+gold) so ima settle for both, but the one I have finished is the Dick-like one.

PLZ NOTE I HAD A REFERENCE FOR THE POSE, IM NOT ACTUALLY THAT COOL.

TADAAAA Ngl I'm very happy with it, his hands were sOoo hArd but I thought it was pretty clever to make his hands the same 'skin' as his feet so he's got like actual talons on his hands

TADAAAA Ngl I'm very happy with it, his hands were sOoo hArd but I thought it was pretty clever to make his hands the same 'skin' as his feet so he's got like actual talons on his hands. It was kinda funny tho, the hand on the ground was the wrong hand for a long time (right instead of left, or if you're like me and can't figure out which is supposed to be which— which way the thumb is facing) I contemplated giving the species two thumbs, on both sides of the hand, woulda be cool but I digressed.

I would honestly love to do this story, even if it's just a short story, GOSH DANG IT I JUST LOVE BEANS AND GIVING THEM LOVE IN THE FORM OF A VERY PARENTAL BRUCE

(Also I've been messing around on Disney+ and the Tangled Animated Series? (Don gimmie that look I'm only 18 in real life) VARIAN IS A BEAN??? HES TINY?? AND SMART?? AND ADORABLE?? Aaaaaand spoilers he's also the villain about halfway through season 1, BUT YEESSS??? I LOVE THE BEAANNN)

Anywho I literally did nothing today besides draw the Talon and make cookies (which turned out to be a bust... I over-batted the dough and got tired of them burning in the oven so I just shoved it in the fridge to eat later. IM USUALLY GOOD AG COOKIES. HECK YOU COLLEGE. The oven here really does suck tho, and my pan, the good pans are at home with Mum and gosh dang you guys really don't know how good you've got it until you're scraping burnt cookie (with its middle very uNcooked) off a very bad pan surrounded by more burnt undercooked cookies. Life is rough man when the cookies don't come out right.)

Anyway, GOOD BYYEEEEE

(And um... speaking of new AU's and stories, how much do ppl want X? It has a chapter in here cuz I drew the cover, I've been sitting on a lot of words lately and Ngl I kinda really wanna post it. For those of you who don't want to hunt for it it's basically Dick is Red X except in a YJ setting (and y'all know how I get about Dick so let's say he's in a... less than optimal situation.) except the trick is Dick literally has Red X's powers, no suit. This Dickie is a meta of sorts. I feel proud of my science bullcrap I used to explain it hehe)

Okay final time, GOOD BYE EVERYBODY. NEXT ART MAY HAVE ACTUAL TALON-COLORED TALON also working on cat!Chloe and cat!Sebrina cuz cAts