i; unsolved cases

01| UNSOLVED CASES

TWO YEARS OUT OF EICHEN, and Juliette is still deprived of sleep almost every single day. She would show up to school with dark under eyes and dried mascara she'd forget to wash off the night before, along with her journal and file, to which are not school related. Occasionally, people would walk up to her and ask why she always has that file and journal in her hands, which leads to her saying she stole it from a dead man's grave for the sake of them leaving her alone. And when people would walk up to her to have a normal, friendly conversation with her, they would then be pulled away by their friends and be informed that she's insane.

The Eichen girl, they would call her. Not very creative, if you ask Juliette. It never bothered her that people thought she was neurotic, maybe they were even right, though it was a slap in the face when she first went back to school and expected nobody to know about it.

    Entering the police station, she immediately made her way to the Sheriff's office. "Good morning, Stilinski!" Jules enthusiastically entered his office with a large smile on her face.

     "It's noon, don't you have school or something?" He sighed. "Listen kid, recently I realised the mistake I made of making you think its okay to barge in here whenever you want–"

    "I have Mexican food." Juliette held up the brown bag of food, which grease stains leaking out. "It's your favourite." She shook the bag in her hands as an attempt to tempt him.

    "Are you bribing me?" He asked sardonically.

   "Mexican food for ten minutes of your time?" The brunette forced a smile and put on her best puppy eye facade, which inevitably worked on him when he gestured for her to come in and close the door behind her. "You can clock it."

    Sheriff Stilinski used to be best friends with her father, as they both attended the same high school and stayed in touch through college. They also both stayed in Beacon Hills, their home town, and even bought houses in the same neighbourhood. He had always had a soft spot for Juliette, treating her like the daughter he never had. He was also one of the few people that treated her the same even after she got out of Eichen House. Even her father hadn't treated her the same, instead looking at her as if he's fragile glass that will inevitably break.

    "So," Noah Stilinski took out the food out of the bag and placed it on his desk. "What crazy conspiracy theory do you have for me today?" He asked, taking his first bite.

"I found the last part of the pattern." Juliette announced proudly, although she did prepare for his disappointment.

Noah bought his hand to his face, rubbing his temple. "Juliette, please, not this again."

"Guardians!" She exclaimed, placing the paper of the Venn diagram on his desk. "That's it, Sheriff. Virgins, healers, warriors, philosophers, and guardians!" She said, pointing at each circle.

  Sheriff Stilinski drew in a sharp breath, glancing at his clock to see how much time she had left. "Warriors, healers, philosophers, I get." He admitted. "But how could you possibly now that Heather, Caleb, and Emily were virgins?"

"The lifeguard had a purity ring on, I saw it in the files—"

  He nodded in realisation. "Remind me to tell Parrish I now know who keeps stealing files and returning them with an I'm Sorry note."

"I borrow them, I just copy and print them then return them, hardly illegal." She could tell he was going to interrupt, predictably saying it is very much illegal, so she immediately continued her theory. "Anyway, Heather and I have been, or used to be best friends since we were babies."