xxiv; venomous

JULIETTE WASN'T SURE IF SHE WAS DREAMING WHEN SHE SAW LYDIA AND AIDAN CARRYING HER TO THE CAR. Her eyelids were as heavy as a stone when she tried to open them, but she saw hazy glimpses of Void Stiles being next to her while the car started. She heard the panicked voices of Lydia and Aidan as they started dialling people's numbers for help. Juliette wanted to open her mouth and speak, to tell them that she needed water to hydrate the dryness of her body. But she could barely move a muscle, and allowed herself to sleep the way through the car ride.

      When she opened her eyes again, she saw a couple of familiar faces. "Juliette?" Someone spoke, handing her a cup of lukewarm water.

      Looking around, she recognised Scott's living room instantly. She chugged on the water, trying to recall how she passed out in the first place. "You spent three days with him, Jules." Lydia spoke half worriedly, half angrily. "Deaton told us what you are, and why he needs you to heighten his powers. But he doesn't know why you—"

     Shaking her head repeatedly, she turned to her right, where Void was unconscious. "I was sired to him, my own subconscious wouldn't let me leave him or hurt him— but i'm not anymore." She explained rushingly. "I need to go, he feeds off my presence so I can't be here when he wakes up."

      All eyes were now on Juliette, who was still in pain from the cut on her stomach. "You're hurt— you need to stop moving."

      Juliette nodded. "This is crazy!" Melissa paced around after taking one look at Juliette's wound. "We should take them to the hospital!"

      "Mom, remember the last time we took him to the hospital?"

       "Can I have a look?" Deaton, who was at the corner of the living room, finally stood in front of the two wounded teenagers to examine their cut. He lifted up Juliette's shirt enough to take a clear view of the cut on her stomach. "Does it still hurt?" He asked, and she shook her head no. It did sting still, but not compared to the pain she had to endure yesterday night when the cut was fresh.

       When he moved to examine Void's cut this time, he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "What is it?" Melissa asked impatiently.

      "Their cuts are identical." Deaton shot a questioning expression to Juliette. "The good news, is that they're both healing the same."

     He knows, she thought to herself when she saw the knowing look on Deaton's face when he said that their cuts were identical. She knew she couldn't tell the rest of them about the other bond, the one left still standing. "Healing..." Aidan spoke. "Healing like we heal? That's good, right?"

      Deaton nodded to the two werewolves. "For them... yes. For us, i'm not so sure."

      "This doesn't make sense." Lydia shook her head. "Juliette, how did you two get the same cut on your stomach?"

     "He slashed his stomach, and then he slashed mine the same." Juliette lied. It was too soon to tell them about the bond; how her body and life was tied to his.

     Scott leaned closer to her. "Juliette, if we're going to get the Nogitsune out of Stiles, we need you to tell us everything he told you. Starting from Eichen."

     Taking a heavy breath, she tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear, noticing the dried blood on her hands. She started by explaining what she did with Stiles when they were both in Eichen, up until the basement. "All we found was a tape of my mother taking to a nurse, explaining the power we both had. And then we..." Juliette stopped, forgetting to skip over the fact that the two had sex in the asylum basement. "Stayed there for a while, and eventually found this hole in the wall, with the Nogitsune's body."