xix; trickster spirit

STILES HAS BEEN MISSING FOR TWO DAYS. There was no trace of him but a message that he left to his father, saying that he's okay and that they shouldn't be looking for him. Juliette spent those two days drowning in her own guilt. She knew she should have searched for him as soon as the power surge happened, and shouldn't have listened to Derek.

      Isaac has been bed ridden in the hospital since he got electrocuted, and thanks to his supernatural abilities, it was enough to hurt him but not enough to kill him. And there Juliette was, two of the closest people in her life hurt. One stuck in the hospital, the other missing. The only slightly good thing that came out of these two days was that Scott's mom gave her a doctor's note to take to the school, and excuse her three day absence.

      "How is he?" Scott and Allison entered the hospital room, observing Isaac, who was passed out on the hospital bed.

     Juliette buried her face in her hands. "Not good. It's been two days, I thought he'd be healing by now, but the burns are still on him."

     Scott held onto Isaac's burnt hand, with bruises and marks all over. "Is he in pain?" Allison asked.

     The true alpha nodded, and started taking the pain away from Isaac. The black veins on Isaac's arms transferred to Scott's arms, and he inhaled sharply, taking in the pain. "It won't heal him, but it helps with the pain."

    "Did Stiles really do this?" Allison questioned.

     Scott shook his head. "Whatever inside of him, whatever's controlling him has been doing this."

Juliette didn't have the faintest notion as to why the Nogitsune wanted Isaac hurt. To go to such lengths to harm a person with no clear advantage. It ate her whole that he was three steps ahead of them. His next move could be in motion right this second, and they're all still stuck trying to figure out his previous move.

     "Then how do we get what's inside of him the hell out of him?"

     Juliette pointed at the papers ripped out from mythology books, placed neatly on the ground. Since she's been spending most of her time with Isaac, she has been researching on the mythology while he was passed out. "I've been researching that for days, and i'm not getting anywhere. Derek introduced me to Deaton, though, and he came up with a plan."

     "A plan? What kind of plan?"

    "There's this type of plant born from the Nogitsune's blood from people he's possessed before, and Deaton found it." Juliette began explaining. "He's developing a kind of... formula to use to poison the Nogitsune in Stiles."

     Alllison nodded. "Do you think it's going to work?"

     "The Nogitsune is a trickster." She explained. "But, maybe we could out-trick him."

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

      "LYDIA, YOU'RE DROWNING IN SELF PITY." Juliette, who was forced by her father to finally attend school, said as she walked to her locker. She started putting her textbooks in her locker, wishing she was in the hospital right beside Isaac instead of being forced to attend school. Thankfully, she only had one more class left today.

      Lydia bit the inside of her lips. "I can't get over how he wasn't in the basement. I had the biggest feeling, Juliette. He described it perfectly too, and to my knowledge he doesn't know what the basement looked like; so how was he not there?"

      The brunette shook her head. "He wasn't there; but maybe the Nogitsune was."

      "What if i'm always going to turn out wrong? If it wasn't for Scott's parents, Stiles would be dead because of me."