63.

Lyra

Lyra

I was brought into the stage and I take a microphone.

"Okay okay uh, I don't know what song to sing." I say and Mercedes hums.

"Try singing a foreign song." She laughs and I nod and start to search for a song. I click on DNA and she scoffs.

"Can you even read that?" She asks and the song starts.

I start to sing the song and just the look in her face made me want to laugh. I reframe from doing the dance to and once the song was over she just stared at me.

"Are you seriously fluent in Korean?" She asks and I nod.

"And you don't like K-POP?!"

"I don't have to know a like to like it. Besides, I have my reasons." I say even though I didn't mind the genre.

"I choose the next song." She says and I nod. She puts on Pretty Hurts.

I clear my throat and decide to actually sing. Usually I'm not the one to sing but when I did, I wasn't a shy singer either. I knew I could sing. Got it from my dad.

Mercedes claps and looks down at her phone and did some typing before standing up.

"I knew you could sing but I didn't know you could really sing." She says and I smile at her and step down from the stage and sit at our booth.

"We should head home soon, we got tests coming up."

~~~

I wake up the next morning to my notifications blowing up. I groan at the constant dings and look at my phone. I see my social media accounts blowing up with comments and follows and adds and retweets. I did my brows and sit up.

"What the heck." I say and there was a knock at my door. I get up and go to my door and see Mercedes. I open the door for her and let her in.

"Ly, you're legit a viral sensation." Mercedes says and shows me the videos of me singing DNA and Pretty Hurts she posted to Twitter.

"Why am I viral?" I ask and she shrugs.

"Maybe because you fluently sang in Korean as a black woman AND your vocal chords on Pretty Hurts." She says and I rub my eyes and shake my head as I walk to my couch.

"Weird but alright."

~~

"You sound so good!" Jungkook says and I smile as I place my hair in a messy bun.

"Thank you Kookie."

"Cover together?"

"When you have time, sure."

"Yes!"

"Is that Lyra?" I hear a loud voice and I smile and see Hoseok coming to the camera. I wave and he coos.

"You're adorable with this white hair." He compliments and I smile.

"Wish I was there with you." He says and slightly tilts his head.

"Hyung no flirting." Jungkook says and Hoseok cheeses.

"No one is flirting."

I smile and just watch the two guys goof around. I tell them I had to get back to studying and they both say bye at the same time. I sigh and look at the notifications and lean back in my seat.

"I just hope they don't find out who I'm affiliated with."